What's new

Addons Tab Missing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Monopoly

New Around Here
Hi,

i've some addons installed, spdMerlin, ntpMerlin and a few others.

I rebooted my router and noticed the addons page has disappeared. Nothing in the system logs (debug level) if I SSH into PuTTY it's running and working fine and log shows it's doing the hourly tests.

tried rebooting again still no joy on the tab?

381.1-beta2

Monopoly, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I'm on an AX-86U, running the 386.1 b3 and when I rebooted yesterday, the addons tab was gone. I even tried going directly to the user3.asp pages, etc, but they wouldn't load. I logged into CLI side and via amtm could see that things like spdMerlin, ntpMerlin, scMerlin were all installed and running.

I didn't want to uninstall anything initially, but thought at the very least I'll try with scMerlin (I tried doing force updates to get the page back), so I uninstalled, re-installed and lo & behold, the addons tab was back, but it only had the scMerlin tab on it.

So, I uninstalled both ntpM and spdM, but told it to leave the config / data there, and reinstalled them, got them back as well.

Then, I edited MenuTree.js to change the tab order back to the way I like it.....I should have looked at it before I did any reinstalling to see what it contained, but forgot to.

Monopoly, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I'm on an AX-86U, running the 386.1 b3 and when I rebooted yesterday, the addons tab was gone. I even tried going directly to the user3.asp pages, etc, but they wouldn't load. I logged into CLI side and via amtm could see that things like spdMerlin, ntpMerlin, scMerlin were all installed and running.

I didn't want to uninstall anything initially, but thought at the very least I'll try with scMerlin (I tried doing force updates to get the page back), so I uninstalled, re-installed and lo & behold, the addons tab was back, but it only had the scMerlin tab on it.

So, I uninstalled both ntpM and spdM, but told it to leave the config / data there, and reinstalled them, got them back as well.

Then, I edited MenuTree.js to change the tab order back to the way I like it.....I should have looked at it before I did any reinstalling to see what it contained, but forgot to.

hey thanks for the heads up! i was able to update to latest beta [386.1_beta4] and it has been fine so far. Seems to be okay without a reset needed?

Usually when I update firmware I just do a dirty flash, but I'm always thinking in the back of my mind that I full reinstall may be required. ;)

I believe this is a known issue that involves what appeared to be a race with addons launching from services-start. @Jack Yaz has since moved his addons launching to post-mount.
You can either manually move the startup string from services-start to post-mount
or
Run @Jack Yaz addons from the CLI and do an update/forced update.
That should remove the line from services-start and place into post-mount.

Not sure about other addons not authored by Jack. Unbound already had itself launching from post-mount so it didn't experience this issue.

I should note - addons that don't "add a tab" didn't experience this problem - uiScribe for example.

I believe this is a known issue that involves what appeared to be a race with addons launching from services-start. @Jack Yaz has since moved his addons launching to post-mount.
You can either manually move the startup string from services-start to post-mount
or
Run @Jack Yaz addons from the CLI and do an update/forced update.
That should remove the line from services-start and place into post-mount.

Not sure about other addons not authored by Jack. Unbound already had itself launching from post-mount so it didn't experience this issue.

I should note - addons that don't "add a tab" didn't experience this problem - uiScribe for example.
Most have been moved over to post-mount now, it would be useful if people are running the latest beta are running the most current versions of my scripts

Hmm....I'm on Beta 3, so dunno if that would pertain or not. I do have the latest scripts though.

quick update, upgraded to Beta 4 on the ax-86 and at least through one reboot this doesn't seem to persist.

Sorry, I see the confusion. I was meaning it doesn't persist in the sense that the issue wasn't persisting.....not the scripts, etc.

Then, I edited MenuTree.js to change the tab order back to the way I like it
no luck finding that file to make a backup
Bash:
find / MenuTree.js
find: ‘MenuTree.js’: No such file or directory

Should be in /tmp/ if one of the WebUI scripts runs
yes thanks, a simple
Bash:
df -h
revealed it it in the end but forums were down at that time. Now if i only knew why find doesn't find.

It did happen to me yesterday when I decided to upgrade to Beta4.
Started everything from scrap L&D, but when at last installed YazFi script and rebooted the router i no longer have the webui for SpdMerlin, common, skynet and Diversion- I still have scmerlin and Unbound under addons tab. If I go under CLI everything runs normal.
I tried to force update and uninstall - install for ( uidevstats, scribe, common, spdmerlin) but still no luck.
Any thoughts what might break this?
This is for my AC86U.

Please don't spam the forums with the same question.

Did an update to 384.1 this morning, and lost the addons tab for my Connmon and spdMerlin. I was using B5 right before, and all my scripts where updated to the latest version. I checked and the addons are still all running. I am running an AX86U... any idea what i should be checking?
I have seen the same thing after every firmware update. There might be some race condition - maybe a disk check or WebUI issue (I think I logged on the WebUI pretty quickly after an upgrade)
What has cured it for me every time is a reboot and then give the router a few minutes before logging in.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!