What's new

AdGuardHome AdGuardHome + Diversion's pixelserv-tls

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ERamseth2

Occasional Visitor
Will directing AdGuardHome to the pixelserv-tls instance installed by Diversion enable youtube ad blocking? I'm also wondering if this will make certain streaming platforms "just work" better without having to unblock things (seems, for instance, Paramount+ knows when ads are blocked and decides that means no internet access).

Not likely. And there is no reason to have both AdGuard and Diversion. One or the other but not both. I run Diversion Lite which workes very well for me and I do not get Youtube adds.

Right I relize they overlap. I just wasn't sure if the extended functionality of Diversion's YT ad blocking was in something @thelonelycoder did with pixelserv-tls so then i could leverage it, or if it was something internal to the Diversion script.

Right I relize they overlap. I just wasn't sure if the extended functionality of Diversion's YT ad blocking was in something @thelonelycoder did with pixelserv-tls so then i could leverage it, or if it was something internal to the Diversion script.
I hope my wealth (but lacking in depth) knowledge may at some point help, but here is where I discussed with another user how to leverage diversion ytadblock with AdGuardHome. (you don't have to use the pixelserv-tls overlapp though, that is just extra for those that like that leap.) You should be able to achieve it with diversion-lite. All you would be doing is forwarding all youtube video domains (kinda like wildcard) to your running dnsmasq instance, (where diversion operates), thus diversion will deal with it from there.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!