What's new

AdGuardHome AdGuardHome New Release's 2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was able to install AG (Edge version) and it seemed all was working correctly. I did try the stable and edge version without any issues except I did not know how to access the webui. Where can I easily find the different versions explanation to choose from? I know I can do a search but I was hoping this could be found in the 1st page or github unless I missed it.

As mentioned, once installed, how do I access the AG webui? I know there's info scattered thru out the forums but just wanted to see if how you folks are setting up. Again I'm trying keep as simple as possible with default settings.

I'm not tech savvy when it comes to settng up ad blocking except for just following the QA setup thru AMTM which I guess I still had questions so it may not be for me. But then again I understand each setup would be different due each specific environment. I apologize for my ignorance and I hope I'm not offending anyone re-asking questions that have been asked/answered in the past.

Thanks for the info and in the meantime I'll do more research to see if there's a similar setup to mine and to ensure I setup correctly.

Try another reboot, then reinstall. Also, make sure you are not using nextdns as your upstream. If your install is unsuccessful again make sure you share full detailed screenshots of your terminal session install process. This is a very important if you want any actual help.
For debugging, does your installer script have a log?

Here is the reasons I have chose not to switch

View attachment 51605
View attachment 51604

I prefer to download by builds and not version numbers. They definitely do not post an edge edition in respect to its version number within the releases section (atleast I do not see one), and they do not always post the current beta build by version as well. That is one of the reasons why it was at first difficult to download with respect to current release version numbers for beta. Edge is not even downloaded with respect to version number, it is downloaded straight as is.
Yes, release and beta have version specific URLs, not a generic channel link. I actually believe that to be a good thing because I know the version I’m displaying is the version I’m installing/downloading. Maybe even install an older/different version with the caveat of config breakage.

Yes, edge does not have a version specific URL. I assume that’s because they don’t go thru the release process.

Again, I understand your concerns. So, please feel free to ignore this request :)

I was able to install AG (Edge version) and it seemed all was working correctly. I did try the stable and edge version without any issues except I did not know how to access the webui. Where can I easily find the different versions explanation to choose from? I know I can do a search but I was hoping this could be found in the 1st page or github unless I missed it.

As mentioned, once installed, how do I access the AG webui? I know there's info scattered thru out the forums but just wanted to see if how you folks are setting up. Again I'm trying keep as simple as possible with default settings.

I'm not tech savvy when it comes to settng up ad blocking except for just following the QA setup thru AMTM which I guess I still had questions so it may not be for me. But then again I understand each setup would be different due each specific environment. I apologize for my ignorance and I hope I'm not offending anyone re-asking questions that have been asked/answered in the past.

Thanks for the info and in the meantime I'll do more research to see if there's a similar setup to mine and to ensure I setup correctly.

You reach AGH at router-IP:14711. However, you can change it if you want. I for example have it at 10.0.0.1:8080.

You reach AGH at router-IP:14711. However, you can change it if you want. I for example have it at 10.0.0.1:8080.
Thanks for the help ..after install ...I did notice it was telling me I can reach AGH at 192.168.1.1:.

But the port # was blank. I'll try to reinstall since it didn't ask me to setup a port. It was all done automatically.

Thanks for the help ..after install ...I did notice it was telling me I can reach AGH at 192.168.1.1:.

But the port # was blank. I'll try to reinstall since it didn't ask me to setup a port. It was all done automatically.
I can confirm it is working for me after a fresh install

1688999476562.png

1688999540926.png

For those having CPU and RAM concerns, you might want to check out AGH BETA v0.108.0-b.40

From Release AdGuard Home v0.108.0-b.40 · AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome (github.com)
Improved CPU and RAM consumption during updates of filtering-rule lists; Pull request 1910: new-rulelist-parser · AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome@7b92d53 (github.com)
Excessive RAM and CPU consumption by Safe Browsing and Parental Control filters (#5896); Pull request 1906: 5896-safe-browsing-cpu-ram · AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome@c465164 (github.com)

For those having CPU and RAM concerns, you might want to check out AGH BETA v0.108.0-b.40

Improved CPU and RAM consumption during updates of filtering-rule lists; Pull request 1910: new-rulelist-parser · AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome@7b92d53 (github.com)
Excessive RAM and CPU consumption by Safe Browsing and Parental Control filters (#5896); Pull request 1906: 5896-safe-browsing-cpu-ram · AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome@c465164 (github.com)

CPU load I don't have any problems with. However, some high RAM usage. Not that the router has become unsteady, but a bit on the higher side it is. It seems to have problems releasing RAM after updating filter lists.

However, I am waiting for stable before updating!

It seems to have problems releasing RAM after updating filter lists.
Yep, the updated rulelist parser will address that.
I did a quick check adding, removing, re-adding big lists and RAM was stable after initial increase; no RAM usage creep after each step.
I will monitor if there will be an increase during it's scheduled list update.

However, I am waiting for stable before updating!
👍

so that's why user were reporting the edge edition was more stable for the past month or so. I see the changes have finally trickled over to beta.

so that's why user were reporting the edge edition was more stable for the past month or so. I see the changes have finally trickled over to beta.

Maybe I would too. However, I am tired of beta and want to avoid problems. But if it works better, maybe I should give it a try.

Edit:

However, I have noticed that works much better today than it did just 3-4 months ago. Even on stable. A restart after you set everything up, then it usually works fine.

Last edited:
I think it works better now. My router uses around 62% of the memory. I have made 2 updates to the block lists. However, too early to say for sure yet.

Screenshot from 2023-07-13 10-13-15.png

I think it works better now. My router uses around 62% of the memory. I have made 2 updates to the block lists. However, too early to say for sure yet.
Hi NoYB,
Could you please share the full URL for the "Block-DoH" dns list?
I would like to test on my own setup by I am struggling to find a reliable source.
Based on your latest comment, your list was updated yesterday. This seems to be reliable enough to start a test :)
Thanks

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow On another router AG stopped working, so I uninstalled it, wiped the router and USB and everytime I install it, it hangs on "dead" and I get this error when I found out why it won't "2023/07/13 17:49:00.600644 [fatal] couldn't start forwarding DNS server: starting listeners: listening to tcp socket: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:53: bind: address already in use" it's a vanilla install, the router is RT-AX86U, latest entware installed. This is annoying to say the least, two routers exact same problem, even though the second router in a external location is now working. So, not sure why this keeps happening a lot on the AX models. I've got a 250GiB NVME attached too, so plenty of space and swap.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow On another router AG stopped working, so I uninstalled it, wiped the router and USB and everytime I install it, it hangs on "dead" and I get this error when I found out why it won't "2023/07/13 17:49:00.600644 [fatal] couldn't start forwarding DNS server: starting listeners: listening to tcp socket: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:53: bind: address already in use" it's a vanilla install, the router is RT-AX86U, latest entware installed. This is annoying to say the least, two routers exact same problem, even though the second router in a external location is now working. So, not sure why this keeps happening a lot on the AX models. I've got a 250GiB NVME attached too, so plenty of space and swap.

You don't change anything during installation or after? I have an AX86U and everything works on it. However, I change a lot after installing on AGH to suit me better. Bootstrap DNS, Upstream DNS, changes all block lists and changes port to 8080 which is easier for me to remember and so on.

You don't change anything during installation or after? I have an AX86U and everything works on it. However, I change a lot after installing on AGH to suit me better. Bootstrap DNS, Upstream DNS, changes all block lists and changes port to 8080 which is easier for me to remember and so on.
I install it and it hangs on "Starting Adguard" dead I left it for a good 30 minutes and still on that. So, unsure what is going on the installation file. Like I've said, this is on a vanilla install. It was like this on the Pro version of that router, no matter how many times I erased the router and started from scratch etc it would just hang at that point. So, I'm stumped as why this keeps happening. I've tried the exact steps on the AC version and installs no problem.

I install it and it hangs on "Starting Adguard" dead I left it for a good 30 minutes and still on that. So, unsure what is going on the installation file. Like I've said, this is on a vanilla install. It was like this on the Pro version of that router, no matter how many times I erased the router and started from scratch etc it would just hang at that point. So, I'm stumped as why this keeps happening. I've tried the exact steps on the AC version and installs no problem.

I don't know what it could be :/ It usually only takes a few seconds between dead and alive for me there. Hope you figure it out.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
1689275753994.png

There is nothing using port 53 just the standard output. I've exhausted my methods to get this router working again with AG. I've tried changing the listening port in the Yaml and doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Is there an older release I can install when it was working? As I said this is the second router now that just does not like this updated version at all. So, I'm stumped, either the something in the installer is corrupt or is corrupting my routers. I've now wiped this router 5 times and same result so it's clearly not my hardware it's a software problem that needs addressing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!