What's new

After Upgrade To 386, Thought Database Maintenance Was Done And Rebooted The Modem - No Internet Now

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrric

New Around Here
I upgraded a RT-AC68P to 386.2_2 from 384. The router came back up fine and was working. I thought the database maintenance was done so I decided to reboot the router like I do manually after all upgrades. Now, I can no longer access the the gui and the router is not passing traffic. I sent an email to Merlin but since brought my old router of storage and set that up and created an account here... sorry Merlin.

Do you think the router is bricked? I don't know much about SSH access. If I have to replace it, what current ASUS model replaced the AC68P?

Thank you. Yes, the tool shows the router with the correct IP. My desktop is connected to it via ethernet.

Thanks. I'll wait and see what happens. If I reset it, can I flash it with the 384.19 again so I can import my backup? I have so many settings (DHCP static assignments, etc) that it wouldn't want to have to redo it all.

If you ever want to be on current security/performance/feature code though, you'll need to do the reset eventually from such an old version.

Again; after you flash the current firmware first.

Thanks. I figure I'll wait till tomorrow afternoon before I hard reset it. That will be over 30 hours since I did the 386 upgrade. My gut feeling is it won't come back. After the upgrade and prior to the reboot, I was getting internet and accessing the gui. Now I can't do either. Rebooting it while it was doing maintenance probably caused some other damage.

Well, after 24 hours, it was still non-responsive. I unplugged it and let the power drain for little bit and plugged it back in. When it came back up, I was able to get back in and traffic was flowing again. I'm debating if I want to do a hard reset now since everything appears to be working fine.