What's new

aimesh 2.0 node binding never listens

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

akb

I try to bind clients to the nearest node, and no matter what aimesh says its optimized to connect to one across the house when there is a node in the same room as a device. Any tips to get around this? I already tried lowering radio power from main router and changes channels. It just seem ridiculous that the FARTHEST away node for some of my clients is the best node when it obviously not as they have weak signal strength.

I'd love to know the answer to this as well, binding never seems to work (I have 2 x AX86U)

Same problem here. My pc always connects to the farthest node even when i binded it to the main router which is literally a room under me. I just dont get the binding feature like if i binded my pc to to the main router, theres a reason why i did that. I WANT IT THERE but it still connects to the node with 1 bar of signal and the app just says that the system selected the "best" route for my device.

Use a different Control Channel to allow the client devices to properly roam. I don't use binding at all.

Use a different Control Channel to allow the client devices to properly roam. I don't use binding at all.
Could you please detail how you do this, standard GUI apply the same channel to all nodes. Thanks

What router do you have? What firmware is it on?

I have 3 node mesh, AX88U as the root with AC88U and AC86U attached using wired backhaul. All nodes on Merlin 386.3_2