What's new

AiMesh 2 Optimize the Topology?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnD5000

Very Senior Member
In AiMesh 2.0
  • System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology
What does this mean? What does optimizing the topology actually do?

Thanks

In AiMesh 2.0
  • System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology
What does this mean? What does optimizing the topology actually do?

Thanks

Nothing if you only have two nodes or wired backhauls only.

Otherwise, it presumably invokes the routine that evaluates wireless backhaul routes/signal quality and establishes the best ones for best backhaul performance.

OE

Nothing if you only have two nodes or wired backhauls only.

Otherwise, it presumably invokes the routine that evaluates wireless backhaul routes/signal quality and establishes the best ones for best backhaul performance.

OE

I ended up trying it. Knocked out my AiMesh nodes and the main router's GUI wouldn't come up (waited 3 hours). Rebooted main router and unplugged and plugged back in power on each node.

I ended up trying it. Knocked out my AiMesh nodes and the main router's GUI wouldn't come up (waited 3 hours). Rebooted main router and unplugged and plugged back in power on each node.

It would be helpful to know what hardware models, what software versions, and did you clean install the firmware... flash, reset, configure from scratch, system reboot. And wired or wireless AiMesh backhauls.

OE

I have a RT-AC86U (main) and 2 RT-AC68U (nodes run with wireless backhaul). I just installed the 386.beta1 Merlin on the RT-AC86U (but from what I understand AiMesh functions are completely Asus) and latest stock on RT-AC68Us. The RT-AC86U was clean installed on 384.19 but dirty to 386.beta1. Note: Other than the optimization not working (although from your earlier reply it sounds like it was not going to do anything for me anyhow), everything seems to be working fine.