What's new

AIMesh BT TV config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Foggy

New Around Here
Hello, just wondering if anyone know what I have to do with get BT TV streaming subscription channels work via a DSL-AC68U (Main Router) with a AC5300 as the AIMesh node.

The BT box is wired to the AC5300 and is working fine, network connection is ok etc, Netflix all good, etc.

However I cannot get the IPTV to work, previously it was connected via a hub to the 68U.

Do I have to put some routes into the 68U, port forwarding or something to get it to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry another question as well, do you think I have made the right purchase in the AC5300 and then using is a AIMesh node? I have a feeling that it's being wasted as a node??

Would I have been better replacing the DSL-AC68U and then using with the 86? and then using the 68 as a node??

You need DLS-AC68U as modem, or do you have another modem?
RT-types are only routers with no modem!
So there is not much you can do.
RT-AC86U instead of 5300 would have been better, much newer, more powerful and even cheaper, and you wont really use both 5G bands (they are useful to connect repeaters on seperate band).

Cant help to solve your problem, I think you need some forwarding to get it working.

Sorry another question as well, do you think I have made the right purchase in the AC5300 and then using is a AIMesh node? I have a feeling that it's being wasted as a node??

Would I have been better replacing the DSL-AC68U and then using with the 86? and then using the 68 as a node??

I think the 86U is the dual-band value sweet spot for router and/or node, particularly when purchased at a bundled price. It does not have an integrated DSL modem.

The AC1900/AC68/AC66 B1 do not support Smart Connect node band steering, so if you include one in your AiMesh, you will probably need to use separate SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands and then connect your wireless clients to the preferred SSID/band.

OE