What's new

Aimesh - Device showing the same SSID multiple times

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MKBB

New Around Here
Hi,

I have two Asus routers that are setup using the Aimesh which contain 2 WIFI SSID (wireless_2.4 and wireless_5.0). Every wireless device that I setup so far will either display wireless_2.4 or wireless_5.0.

The only device that seems to act differently is my arcade cabinet(acrade1up), it's only capable of the 2.4ghz but the strange thing is that when I'm setting up the wireless it's showing wireless_2.4 twice on the list.

Is that normal? I thought if you had the mesh setup you should only see one SSID and not both ? Seems like the arcade is able to pickup the router and node wireless separately.

Is that normal?
It's really down to the client how it displays the AP's. Each AP (master and node) will have a different BSSID despite sharing a single SSID. Most clients filter out the duplicates to show just one SSID. It sounds like your acrade1up doesn't do that. I doubt it's a problem as just about every client I've come across uses the SSID to connect and not the BSSID.

It's really down to the client how it displays the AP's. Each AP (master and node) will have a different BSSID despite sharing a single SSID. Most clients filter out the duplicates to show just one SSID. It sounds like your acrade1up doesn't do that. I doubt it's a problem as just about every client I've come across uses the SSID to connect and not the BSSID.
Interesting, didn't know that some clients have the ability to see the BSSID. This was the first time I notice this type of behavior. Thanks for the answer.