What's new

AiMesh HW combination?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@L&LD

After hours of testing i ended up selecting 2 x 86S a few days ago. It covers my needs and I didn see that much performance differences to motivate the big price difference.

But now something seem to have happened... Speed when connected to the node have degraded... However when connected to the main asus router it is faster than the old router. So the issue is just when conected to the node.

The only thing that changed is that i updated to a new FW a few days ago. And I got a new ISP provider with faster 500/500.
I tried to role back on the FW, didnt help. Upgraded FW again and the did a factory reset on both routers and set up the AiMesh again. Did not help.

Before when testing the two systems they were almost on par with speeds but the old system was slightly faster on my PC.

Now there is much bigger differences..
Now on my PC the old system is 100-150Mbps faster up and 50-100 Mbps faster down.

When measuring on my phone the old system is 60-70Mbps faster down and a whopping 280-300 Mbps faster down...

So the old system actually got faster with the new speeds from ISP but the new Asus did not. Still the same speeds as with 250/250...

I am confused....
What can i do/test?

I too am confused.

I don't know what you've done setting these up. Are these in wired backhaul mode? Wireless backhaul mode?

What options/features have you enabled?

What features/options have you toggled on/off? (Toggling some features isn't the same as leaving those options at their defaults).

How have you placed the routers? Do you have a diagram to show us that is roughly to scale?

Are you using saved backup config files after you reset the routers? Did you use saved backup config files between routers?

Are you using manual Control Channels? Did you test each available channel to pick the best one (not the one with the greatest download speed, but the one with the lowest latency effect on the network, as that indicates you've chosen a Control Channel with the lowest utilization/interference in your WiFi environment)?

The numbers you post don't mean much on their own. I would need much more detail to attempt a guess at what is happening in your network right now. As you can see from my questions above.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!