What's new

AIMesh node connects on 2.4 GHz backhaul unless "Ethernet priority" selected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Qbcd

Regular Contributor
A weird thing started happening with my DSL-AC68U AIMesh node. I rebooted my main router (RT-AX86U) and then the node connected to it on 2.4 GHz. It always connected on 5 GHz before and has great 5 GHz reception. So I thought it'll adjust on its own and reconnect on 5 GHz. Checked a day later, still 2.4 GHz. So then I randomly changed the connection priority setting from "Auto" to "Ethernet" (even though the node is not connected via ethernet) and then it switched to 5 GHz backhaul. Then I switched it back to "Auto" and it went back to 2.4 GHz. I tried it several times, same result every time. And every time I change it, all the clients connected to that node get kicked off...

Very weird, I don't understand why it's doing that. My other node stays on 5 GHz backhaul regardless of whether priority is set to "Auto" or "Ethernet". What's that setting have to do with selecting a backhaul band? Weird. It would be nice if we could select the backhaul band manually.

A weird thing started happening with my DSL-AC68U AIMesh node. I rebooted my main router (RT-AX86U) and then the node connected to it on 2.4 GHz. It always connected on 5 GHz before and has great 5 GHz reception. So I thought it'll adjust on its own and reconnect on 5 GHz. Checked a day later, still 2.4 GHz. So then I randomly changed the connection priority setting from "Auto" to "Ethernet" (even though the node is not connected via ethernet) and then it switched to 5 GHz backhaul. Then I switched it back to "Auto" and it went back to 2.4 GHz. I tried it several times, same result every time. And every time I change it, all the clients connected to that node get kicked off...

Very weird, I don't understand why it's doing that. My other node stays on 5 GHz backhaul regardless of whether priority is set to "Auto" or "Ethernet". What's that setting have to do with selecting a backhaul band? Weird. It would be nice if we could select the backhaul band manually.

What are your 5.0 channel and bandwidth settings? Did you also reboot the node?

OE

What are your 5.0 channel and bandwidth settings? Did you also reboot the node?

OE

I didn't reboot the node, I probably should. There's no way to do that unless you disconnect it, physically push the button, or use the app. For now I'll keep it on Ethernet priority, I just thought it was a really weird thing.

It's channel 100, but I don't have DFS interference here, 80 MHz.

I didn't reboot the node, I probably should. There's no way to do that unless you disconnect it, physically push the button, or use the app. For now I'll keep it on Ethernet priority, I just thought it was a really weird thing.

It's channel 100, but I don't have DFS interference here, 80 MHz.

I'd reboot the node before making too much of it. And avoid DFS, if possible.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!