What's new

Aimesh node (RT-AX86U) is being dropped when RT-AX89X is the primary node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

faisal1969

New Around Here
In my AiMesh setup, RT-AX86U's 2.5Gbps port is connected to 10G SFP+ port of my primary router RT-AX89X via CAT6 (in order to create MultiGIG Ethernet backhaul).

The setup has been working fine until I recently upgraded the firmware for all the nodes. After the firmware upgrade, RT-AX86U has been dropping frequently from the AiMesh network until I perform a reboot. RT-AX86U firmware version is 3.0.0.4.388_22068 and RT-AX89X's firmware version is 3.0.0.4.386_47468. Sometimes the backhaul speed of RT-AX86U reduces from 2.5Gbps to 10/100Mbps. I also have a pair of ZenWIFI AX nodes who are connected to RT-AX89X's 10G Base-T port via 2.5G switch. There are no issues with those ZenWIFI AX nodes. All nodes in my setup are using Ethernet backhaul.

Any idea/suggestion to resolve it? Should I downgrade the firmware of RT-AX86U?

Thanks in advance.

In my AiMesh setup, RT-AX86U's 2.5Gbps port is connected to 10G SFP+ port of my primary router RT-AX89X via CAT6 (in order to create MultiGIG Ethernet backhaul).

The setup has been working fine until I recently upgraded the firmware for all the nodes. After the firmware upgrade, RT-AX86U has been dropping frequently from the AiMesh network until I perform a reboot. RT-AX86U firmware version is 3.0.0.4.388_22068 and RT-AX89X's firmware version is 3.0.0.4.386_47468. Sometimes the backhaul speed of RT-AX86U reduces from 2.5Gbps to 10/100Mbps. I also have a pair of ZenWIFI AX nodes who are connected to RT-AX89X's 10G Base-T port via 2.5G switch. There are no issues with those ZenWIFI AX nodes. All nodes in my setup are using Ethernet backhaul.

Any idea/suggestion to resolve it? Should I downgrade the firmware of RT-AX86U?

Thanks in advance.
Try the test stock firmware on page 12 here, post 229:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!