What's new

AiMesh trouble

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tommykristensen

New Around Here
Hi there,

I have some trouble to get the AiMesh feature to work. I google, watched youtube-vids, but couldn't find any answer - hope that someone in here has an idea.

I bought a ROG GT AX11000 as main router - and a 4G-AC68U as a node (and backup for ISP failures). I installed the latest firmware on both routers, set the AX11000 as AiMesh-router - but can't get the 4G-AC68U in node-mode? Nothing appears in the Asus Router App (or router.asus.com) when I look for node.

When I read the how-to etc. Its just wham, bang, up and running.
It's powered on. I've installed the latest firmware on both. The node is set to factory default and is literally standing on top of the AX11000 - and nothing happens :)

What am I doing wrong :)

Greetings from Denmark,

Hi there,

I have some trouble to get the AiMesh feature to work. I google, watched youtube-vids, but couldn't find any answer - hope that someone in here has an idea.

I bought a ROG GT AX11000 as main router - and a 4G-AC68U as a node (and backup for ISP failures). I installed the latest firmware on both routers, set the AX11000 as AiMesh-router - but can't get the 4G-AC68U in node-mode? Nothing appears in the Asus Router App (or router.asus.com) when I look for node.

When I read the how-to etc. Its just wham, bang, up and running.
It's powered on. I've installed the latest firmware on both. The node is set to factory default and is literally standing on top of the AX11000 - and nothing happens :)

What am I doing wrong :)

Greetings from Denmark,

Greetings Denmark, sorry to hear about all your mink! :(

A 'gaming' router and a cellular gateway router both tend to be not mainstream, so I would expect more firmware issues and less firmware support. Combining them into a system might compound these issues.

With 386 AiMesh 2.0 firmware arriving, be sure to keep your routers on the same code base for hopefully better compatibility.

I recommend using a wired PC to manage the router webUI.

After you install the firmware, reset both routers to factory defaults and only configure the AX11000 (from scratch). Then search for and add the node.

Confirm that all radios are broadcasting, and that Wireless\WPS is enabled.

Keep the node away from the router so that the radios don't conflict... 77 feet apart works here!

If the node is not found, try using a temporary wired backhaul, router LAN to node WAN.

OE

What worked for me, different equipment, is getting the main router set up, then do the reset button push on the node router, and upon startup of the node, go and search for an aimesh client, takes a minute to find sometimes.
Do the factory reset, then searching, with the cat cable disconnected. If doing it wirelessly does not work, then try wiring together. I had to do each on my nodes to get them connected. Don't use the app, use a PC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!