What's new

AiProtection Alert Mails

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Veldkornet

Has anyone got the Alert Mails for AiProrection working?

I've got it setup with GMail, and I see in the log that it "sends" a mail after setup, but I never receive a mail....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it setup and do receive alert emails occasionally to my GMail account for blocked sites. I did not receive an email at setup. 12-12-2015 6-21-25 AM.jpg

Hmm, anyone know if there's a way to send a test mail from the terminal?

Hmm, anyone know if there's a way to send a test mail from the terminal?

Hi veldkornet,
All mail providers are not allowed SMTP protocol now, you need to adjust your security level in your gmail seeting. And this is why we can't support all mails or some requests from users. ASUS can't request 163 / QQ / aol / gmail / outlook / mas / yahoo etc. to open this protocol again due to spam mail issue.

Thanks,
Vanic

Ah, I reconfigured it using an App specific password from GMail, and now I got the verification

Dear user,

This is for your mail address confirmation and please click below link to go back firmware page for configuration.

http://router.asus.com/

Thanks,
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

An app password is a 16-digit passcode that gives an app or device permission to access your Google Account. Most of the time, you’ll only have to enter an App password once per app or device, so don’t worry about memorizing it.

See more here

If you have 2FA activated on gmail you certainly need an app password to have gmail working with third party mail related applications. Otherwise you just need gmail set to accept POP connections.

Hmm, Google doesn't allow App passwords on my account for some reason. I enabled 'allow POP' on my Gmail, re-set the AI protection and re-entered my Gmail address/password. Still no verification email.

Hmm, Google doesn't allow App passwords on my account for some reason. I enabled 'allow POP' on my Gmail, re-set the AI protection and re-entered my Gmail address/password. Still no verification email.

If you didn't change your email address, I don't think it sends a mail, as it thinks it already sent one. You will have to check in the logs.

I set mine back to blank. Then set it up again, then it sent the verification mail.

Did that and got this email:

Sign in Attempt Prevented

Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
Details:
Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:40 AM (Pacific Standard Time)
xxxxxxxxx, XX, USA*
We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:

Does anyone need to re-enter email's password for alert preference every time you update signature to make it work again? Every time I update Trend Micro Signature, AiProtection's alert mails stop working. I have to set it up again by entering email's password(email is already there on the setting) and then apply.