What's new

AIprotection.... how to investigate?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pergola Fabio

i have some hacks lately on my synology server, but how to investigate this? i dont see the port thats being used?
what is being hacked?
see screenshot :

1626963846678.png

What ports a re you forwarding to 192.168.0.14? Check on the router at System Log > Port Forwarding.

yeah, i have some ports open
like 32400 for plex, 6005 for my webserver, 554 for cameras ...all on that same synology
but i have no clue what port is being attacted, how to find out?

The error message is a standard message you will get from the normal port scanning/hacking attempts from the internet. If you're going to expose standard ports like 32400 and 554 to the internet you should expect this.

Yes, something to worry about.

Don't open known ports to the wild 'net.

There are more (safer) ways to skin a cat.

Explain? I'm interested? I have some cameras on my synology, to get them into my alarm cloud system, i need to use port 554, how can I access those without port forwarding?

Look into OpenVPN to access your network instead.

But not through your Synology NAS.

You don't set up OpenVPN for your alarm system. You set it up on a router to access your network.

Besides, if the alarm system is in the cloud, you don't need access to your network at all.

I know, i have setup OpenVPN on router...

My alarm is in the cloud, i have local cameras, the alarm system needs access to my local cameras with rtsp protocol on port 554 to capture video streams in case needed...
So my alarm system needs to setup as a client, but that's not possible ... So how can those systems access stuff on my network without port forwarding? This is just an example...

If you are using Synology Surveillance station you do not need cloud access. Would be interested to know what cloud alarm system you use. Might be able to find a better way for you.

I use a Risco system, it has a cloud portal...

To add cameras in that Risco cloud i need to enter the stream urls... It can be onvif or rtsp

I use a Risco system, it has a cloud portal...

To add cameras in that Risco cloud i need to enter the stream urls... It can be onvif or rtsp
Sure does not look too secure from this point of view (https://www.smartechsecurity.co.uk/). Annual subscription? Why when you have, I am guessing, a Synology NAS that has a cam system included...free.
Unless your system can push its video to the cloud opening ports in your router blows your LAN security to pieces.

Okay, so it's not the most flexible or the absolute most secure way to do things but have you thought about enabling Asus Instant Guard on the router and then using the client on your remote/mobile devices.

My understanding is that the router works as an IPsec server and anything you connect is a client. I've been using this to connect to my home Plex server and NAS for the last several months.

The only issue I've had, being that first connect only seems to work when client devices are on the LAN or local WiFi. after that it works like a charm!

Yeah, useful if you have control over these devices... But for some cloud system that needs access to services on your lan, there is no way to install a client on that cloud system