What's new

Alexa & IFTTT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Occasional Visitor
Morning all,

I am trying to setup Alexa & IFTTT on my Asus RT-AC88U using Merlin 382.2 beta 3 firmware. However when i paste the activation code in IFTTT.Com it tells me my device isn't supported.

It seems i need the Alexa Skill, but as I am UK based account (but living in the Middle East) I can't download the skill.

Does this feature only work with US Based routers? I can't seem to find a way to make it work and I've been trying for the past 2hrs!

Thanks in advance

Carl.

Morning all,

I am trying to setup Alexa & IFTTT on my Asus RT-AC88U using Merlin 382.2 beta 3 firmware. However when i paste the activation code in IFTTT.Com it tells me my device isn't supported.

It seems i need the Alexa Skill, but as I am UK based account (but living in the Middle East) I can't download the skill.

Does this feature only work with US Based routers? I can't seem to find a way to make it work and I've been trying for the past 2hrs!

Thanks in advance

Carl.
I am in the US, have enabled the Alexa skill and it doesn't work for me either. Same error as you. IFTTT fails in the same fashion...

Morning all,

Thanks in advance

Carl.

Same issue for me with the Asus firmware, UK , RT-AC88U, looks like a bug?

The Alexa skill for ASUS has been updated and now says AC5300 is supported but when trying to link get "unsupported devices" error.

This may simply be because we're not using STOCK ASUS firmware... which I won't get around to testing.

So has ANYONE using rmerlin firmware been able to link to Alexa? w/ AC5300?

While on this topic, how do we disable this?

Iptable rules disallowing traffic destined to/from the router itself? I do not want the router exposed to the internet.

I can start my own thread if need be.

It's disabled by default. You have to manually enable and configure it.

Doesn't work for me either on RT-AC5300_384.5_beta1
Unsupported devices link too... failed to link

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!