What's new

(ALPHA) Asus RT-AC5300 Firmware Ver. 9.0.0.4_380_1680

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DJBeat

Occasional Visitor
MU-MIMO firmware for RT-AC5300
---------------------------------------------
Alpha firmware for MU-MIMO

Wi-Fi Alliance MU-MIMO certification standard is not final and MU-MIMO have compatibility issues between different chipset in this stage.
We will continually release new firmware to improve MU-MIMO performance.
If you want to get the alpha firmware for early stage testing, please send mail to router_feedback@asus.com and use "RT-AC5300 MU-MIMO firmware" as mail title.

Sent them an email a few hours ago. If they send it before anyone else posts it, I'll be sure to provide a link.

Just got the email from ASUS networking.

Description
MU-MIMO can be enabled in Wireless --> Professional
To test MU-MIMO, client card hardware and drivers must also support MU-MIMO. Please contact your client card provider for more details.

Known issues
1. Enable IPv6 might cause system hangup.
2. Enable Multicast routing might cause system hangup.
3. Cannot setup 3G/4G connection with USB dongle in Quick internet setup wizard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi5o55lre41s93d/RT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_380_1657-g12094c8.trx?dl=0

I installed today without making a factory reset, router bricked, so had to recover it, I recommend a factory reset before installing, then no problem.
I am using Link Aggreation to my TP Link, and have other lag connections on the TP Link.

I Will post feedback later, I am back on stock, Will test again with factory reset first.

Mine didn't brick but it did hang when told to restart after update until I did a factory reset holding down wps.Mines blazing fast and stable so far

By some motive I had 2,4 band led off, tomorrow I will try again,

This firmware been very good for me, Fixed random spam in the system log. and wifi seems a lot more stable with smart connect on.

The new build is going stable here, I Will test MU-Mino later today, but wireless for the last hour seems to be stable, and fast.

what clients are you sing that are mu-mino enabled?
Actualy the only computer that I have wich support MU-Mimo is my daughter laptop MSI GT72, I use mainly Apple devices do not know if they support it, but is all working great in the last 24 hours, no restarts, no disconnections, also have an infocus kanguroo do not know if supports mimo, and all working well and stable, at least with 12 devices wired, and 16 devices wireless, and stable.

Is the signal strength just as strong as with the current prod firmware?
I am comming from an AC87 to the 5300, and my house is not that big, but I did not feel loss of signal, almost all my wireless clients are AC, only cam's are not, and the only devices that connect in the 2.4 range.
I also noticed in the Apple webpage, that some of my devices support MIMO, they do not mention MU-Mimo, 6s plus and ipad pro mention only MIMO, in the macbook 12 and 15 I did not see any mention to that, Mac pro and macbook 12 uses a Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0.

But regarding to wireless, is stable and in my home strong.

I have 32 Sonos(wifi speakers) devices connected to the 2.4ghz band and 10 other devices that using the 5ghz bands, and a media bridge(AC88U) connected to the second 5ghz band, that outputting 1170 Mbps, 4 floors between them, 17 lan devices connected with Link aggregation on connected to a switch, speed and performance has been out standing for me. no issues with this firmware. finally a stable setup, after getting rid of the AC87U.

Smart connect working very well compared to my old AC3200.

I have 32 Sonos(wifi speakers) devices connected to the 2.4ghz band and 10 other devices that using the 5ghz bands, and a media bridge(AC88U) connected to the second 5ghz band, that outputting 1170 Mbps, 4 floors between them, 17 lan devices connected with Link aggregation on connected to a switch, speed and performance has been out standing for me. no issues with this firmware. finally a stable setup, after getting rid of the AC87U.

AC87 for me had a lot of problems, I have had some Apple routers, but no more, when I had my first AC66 it was way better, then ac68 I love it, then ac87 a lot of problems with wireless, I still had some hope for AC87, but when I Saw the ac88 I thought hope the problems where gone, strangely is not avaliable in my country, so I had to buy the AC5300, and happy I sold my AC87.

At least AC5300 is working like a champ, I only wish I Could Link Aggregate 4 ports, or a combination of 2+2 aggregation ports, but only could aggregate port 1 and 2.

32 sonos speakers. Wild. you must have quite the sound set up.

32 sonos speakers. Wild. you must have quite the sound set up.

its a big house, speakers everywhere! Using the sonos boosters didn't cut it, luckily the AC5300 covers most of the house on the 2.4Ghz band. with no issues with all the speakers going at the same time (party mode) haha. I think the neighbours hate us.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!