What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The amtm backup function is coming, just not with the next update. It will start with a simple backup function, then features will be added as time allows.

Last edited:
The Lonely Coder = Mr. Lonely. A joke?
On a scale of 1 to 10, my introvert level is 8. Im socially functional and can act normal if the situation requires it. But I need my alone time to recover from too much exposure to in-person interaction.
I‘m perfectly fine with that, no need to be sorry. My handle reflects one of the hobbies that allow me to charge the battery for the next exposure.

On a scale of 1 to 10, my introvert level is 8. Im socially functional and can act normal if the situation requires it. But I need my alone time to recover from too much exposure to in-person interaction.
I‘m perfectly fine with that, no need to be sorry. My handle reflects one of the hobbies that allow me to charge the battery for the next exposure.
You have my total support :) each is like each.
But... Don't be afraid. In a good way, no one "cares" or "notices" anyone. You may think that people look at you or point at you, and that makes you even more introvert, but hey... People nowadays are much arrogant and "don't have time" to care about anyone, so be peaceful and live your life normally as you want, no fears my friend! :rolleyes:

You have my total support :) each is like each.
But... Don't be afraid. In a good way, no one "cares" or "notices" anyone. You may think that people look at you or point at you, and that makes you even more introvert, but hey... People nowadays are much arrogant and "don't have time" to care about anyone, so be peaceful and live your life normally as you want, no fears my friend! :rolleyes:
I have two modes that switch automatically. The public and private. I do not waste my time to brood or think about things that I cannot change.
Again, I am perfectly happy the way I live my life, with all its up and downs that everyone else has too.
Enough said, I just wanted to clarify that aspect.

Preview of the coming LED feature.
Also, this is a test of a new image hoster, let me know if the image is not shown.

o3yrgcq2p4z.png

Image fine here. :)

:oops:

Image ok here and this LED function is fantastic.

Hello.
I'm a bit confused here about purpose of amtm. It allows install and uninstall packages, it shows when new versions are available, but it doesn't update the packages?
What the uu command is for? it downloads the packages, but it doesn't update them, why?
upload_2020-4-26_22-15-27.png

I'm pretty sure when I first discovered amtm a year ago, it did update packages. What I'm missing here?

Hello.
I'm a bit confused here about purpose of amtm. It allows install and uninstall packages, it shows when new versions are available, but it doesn't update the packages?
What the uu command is for? it downloads the packages, but it doesn't update them, why?
View attachment 23060

I'm pretty sure when I first discovered amtm a year ago, it did update packages. What I'm missing here?
amtm is a front end for (mostly) third party scripts. While the amtm update function updates its own necessary files to interact with these scripts, it DOES NOT, and NEVER HAS and NEVER WILL update a third party script on its own.

so why it redownloads the packages with uu command?

Also, the email sent by Diversion:
Third-party script update(s) available in amtm:
Which suggests that these scripts can be updated via amtm...

Because uu is the force-update function for amtm, which re-downloads all amtm files. All these *.mod files ARE amtm files. They enable interaction with the third party scripts.

Also, the email sent by Diversion:

Which suggests that these scripts can be updated via amtm...
The emai also says to use the u function in amtm to check for updates.
It then will show which third party script has updates available.
Opening the individual script itself and running THEIR update function is what you need to do.
This has always been this way.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!