amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Ah ,,, but there is a "hall of fame" ... right here in SNBForums ... and you be second only to RMerlin on the "likes" count ... :) ... {Thumbs-Up}

View attachment 23072
Internet points, they’re easy to get but must be hard earned.

ebalsumgo

Regular Contributor
So i think i found a bug in the script's logic. the problem is that amtm was included in the firmware at some point and it sees entware already installed and the script doesn't have a "reset entware" option, or an "upgrade from previous install" so basically AMTM's logic seems to be:
1. you do not have entware installed
2. you have installed entware through amtm

It doesn't account for "exisitng" installs or "old" install like mine that need to be brought up to speed/inline.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
@ebalsumgo, how can it (account for old installs)?

amtm is the official way to install Entware + swap file + scripts.

Time to upgrade. :)

ebalsumgo

Regular Contributor
No the router is running the latest firmware, which has AMTM installed. However, I have had entware installed for ages, way before amtm existed. Resetting the router and starting from scratch currently is not an option. So I guess my question is, can i simply point the repo to the official new entware repo and blast away or is that going to cause issues elsewhere?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Again, if it could, it would.

You're running a very customized setup compared to what RMerlin + thelonelycoder delivers.

I hope someone can point you in the right direction.

My advice for maximum satisfaction going forward? Full reset followed by a minimal and manual config using all the features of the current firmware and scripting/Entware options.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
No the router is running the latest firmware, which has AMTM installed. However, I have had entware installed for ages, way before amtm existed. Resetting the router and starting from scratch currently is not an option. So I guess my question is, can i simply point the repo to the official new entware repo and blast away or is that going to cause issues elsewhere?
A lot of the Entware packages have received updates which might not be compatible with what you run with your old version.
Time to start from scratch if you ask me. amtm is the new standard and backwards compatibility was never on my mind. There are too many unknowns for old cases to port it reliably, hence I never considered it.

While Diversion can fix the old Entware user script entries to the new standard, I doubt this process would be error free due to your old Entware version.

ebalsumgo

Regular Contributor
Ok for posterity sake here is what I did to sort this out. NOTE: this worked for me as I only had a handful of entware pkgs installed.
1. amtm
2. remove all the scripts and things you have installed
3. amtm - format disk
4. reboot
5. amtm - re-setup entware
6. amtm - re-install scripts

netware5

Very Senior Member
Ok for posterity sake here is what I did to sort this out. NOTE: this worked for me as I only had a handful of entware pkgs installed.
1. amtm
2. remove all the scripts and things you have installed
3. amtm - format disk
4. reboot
5. amtm - re-setup entware
6. amtm - re-install scripts

Nice nickname ;)

Diamond67

Funny glitch happened when I checked for updates (u):

amtm bad number.png

However, "bad numbers" vanished immediately after repeating command u.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Possible issue with the format disk (fd) option.

Yesterday, I used the format disk (fd) to wipe my USB and create 3 new partitions. Each partition accepted the name I entered except for the 3rd partition. No matter what I typed, it was labeled as sda3 after the reboot. I tried several times with the same result. I resolved by plugging the USB into my Win 10 computer and used the minitool partition wizard client to rename the partition.
I see there's an issue, it may not be related to your case, but maybe it will once I track down the cause of the error I'm seeing under certain circumstances.

From what I can tell at the moment is that when creating three partitions on a device, make sure this is the only device plugged in.
Heed the warning given that unrelated devices (really) should be unplugged before running fd.

Xentrk

Part of the Furniture
I see there's an issue, it may not be related to your case, but maybe it will once I track down the cause of the error I'm seeing under certain circumstances.

From what I can tell at the moment is that when creating three partitions on a device, make sure this is the only device plugged in.
Heed the warning given that unrelated devices (really) should be unplugged before running fd.
I had forgotten about this one. It was plugged into the USB 2.0 port on the back of the router if that matters. No other devices are attached. It was the only USB I had plugged into the device. But let me know if you need additional info.

Last edited: