What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Additionally: the executable bit is no longer set for user/group/other (so everybody) for /jffs/scripts/disk-check.

Can you please run frisk /dev/sda (if that’s your USB drive) and type m in interactive mode?

That’s the output I posted and would like to compare.

You can use q afterwards to quit without modifying anything.
EDIT number two -
Here it is @XIII. I have been playing with this so much I had an old USB 2.0 msdos partition table ext2 format in the second drive slot that gives the more options I posted before above. Here is the output of both disks /dev/sda is Sandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 / gpt / ext4. /dev/sdb is a Sandisk Cruzer Fit USB 2.0 / gpt / ext4.

Code:
# fdisk /dev/sda

Found valid GPT with protective MBR; using GPT

Command (m for help): m
Command Action
o    create a new empty DOS partition table
p    print the partition table
q    quit without saving changes
s    create a new empty Sun disklabel

# fdisk /dev/sdb
Found valid GPT with protective MBR; using GPT

Command (m for help): m
Command Action
o    create a new empty DOS partition table
p    print the partition table
q    quit without saving changes
s    create a new empty Sun disklabel

Last edited:
Thelonelycoder...when do you estimate to release Abxsolution with webgui implemented?

I am „cheating” you since yesterday and Web Gui of pi-hole really makes sense.

Sorry for the noob question, I installed amtm and exited. How do I start amtm?
Edit: I figured it out. /jffs/scripts/amtm

Last edited:
I have pushed an amtm update to Github, no version change

- The install Entware menu is replaced with "Menu not available" while the update Entware menu remains when Entware is installed.
- As a convenience for me at the moment: Theme compatibility for future AB-Solution version.

so, we should force the update?

amtm version 1.2 is now available

Use u to update to this latest version

What's new in amtm v1.2
Bumped version to 1.2
- Changed logic in dnscrypt installer menu to show "open" or "install" depending on state.
- Changed logic in pixelserv-tls beta menu to detect if a beta version is installed through @kvic's beta installer script. Menu is unavailable if pixelserv-tls is not installed on system.

Thanks for amtm, I've used it to very simply install AB-Solution, Skynet, Entaware, pixelserv-tls and SWAP file.

Can I ask what the procedure is when updating the router firmware now that the USB disk in use? Previously, when the USB was only for sharing a few files, I turned the router OFF, removed the USB drive, restarted and updated the firmware. If I do that now will the missing USB cause problems?

Thanks for amtm, I've used it to very simply install AB-Solution, Skynet, Entaware, pixelserv-tls and SWAP file.

Can I ask what the procedure is when updating the router firmware now that the USB disk in use? Previously, when the USB was only for sharing a few files, I turned the router OFF, removed the USB drive, restarted and updated the firmware. If I do that now will the missing USB cause problems?
You may simply shut down router, remove USB and power up router and do the necessary flushing of firmware.
Once done, shut down the router but back the USB in the same USB port and power up.
When you took out the USB drive, the jffs that control any start up of process/app located in USB simply unable to start up but that don’t affect other normal operation of the router like DHCP, internet..

* only thing need to take note is ensure no power running when taking out USB. May cause USB drive to fail in some cases. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: bmb
You may simply shut down router, remove USB and power up router and do the necessary flushing of firmware.
Once done, shut down the router but back the USB in the same USB port and power up.
When you took out the USB drive, the jffs that control any start up of process/app located in USB simply unable to start up but that don’t affect other normal operation of the router like DHCP, internet..

* only thing need to take note is ensure no power running when taking out USB. May cause USB drive to fail in some cases. Better safe than sorry.

Thank you, very clear and precise reply.

In version 1.3 of amtm, would it be possible to add a pause following update checks? In the current scenario, if there are no updates, the screen flashes the message too quick to read and goes back to the amtm main screen. Shy of adding an update check item to show updates available across all supported and installed services, this would show if there are either no updates or another message being displayed.

I had an issue with dnscrypt failing to load due to some file system issues, however loading dnscrypt from the menu just flashed and I couldn't see that there was an issue. It was only evident when running the dnscrypt command outside of amtm that the problem was identified.

In version 1.3 of amtm, would it be possible to add a pause following update checks? In the current scenario, if there are no updates, the screen flashes the message too quick to read and goes back to the amtm main screen. Shy of adding an update check item to show updates available across all supported and installed services, this would show if there are either no updates or another message being displayed.

I had an issue with dnscrypt failing to load due to some file system issues, however loading dnscrypt from the menu just flashed and I couldn't see that there was an issue. It was only evident when running the dnscrypt command outside of amtm that the problem was identified.

Scroll up to see previous output. Menu's in shell aren't really interactive, its just freshly printed text that clears the screen first.

Scroll up to see previous output. Menu's in shell aren't really interactive, its just freshly printed text that clears the screen first.
I see, so since amtm is calling the service commands, it would need to be a per service pause following the status text, otherwise it refreshes back to the amtm main screen rather than the expected behavior of the CLI with the message still shown.

it does flash by rather quickly - what about a changelog so that things can be tracked in the event of a catastrophe or to troubleshoot difficulties?

it does flash by rather quickly - what about a changelog so that things can be tracked in the event of a catastrophe or to troubleshoot difficulties?
Hmm, rather than changelog, or perhaps what you meant, would it be possible to scrape the screen and display the last text when returning to the amtm main menu? Considering this could be long, it could be limited to a variable value of lines (e.g. 5) to capture and echo so it's clear what last action and result occurred.

no, I definitely meant printing the message text that flashes by to a changelog file for review if/when necessary. a database file that automatically trims itself every 90 days or so would be better, especially if there are scripts that auto update

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!