What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I won't hold by breath waiting for the browser developers to fix a bug (or is it a feature?) that may only affect edge cases like this. It seems the better option, if it's feasible, would be for a fix/workaround that assumes the browser will screw it up. That's why I mentioned different field-names in the HTML forms as a possible solution.

I feel that what you're asking for is not achievable as a fix on our end. I've already offered the workaround that works.

I feel that what you're asking for is not achievable as a fix on our end. I've already offered the workaround that works.
I understand and appreciate that, but nonetheless it's a "gotcha" the may deserve mention in the documentation.... eg, when changing the router's DNS settings via GUI, be aware of this.

Guys,

Today router rebooted because a short power outage and now diversion is not working.
In fact if I try to access it trhough AMTM I'm getting this error

Code:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin: line 537: /opt/bin/diversion: Permission denied

If I select "u" on amtm menu I got flooded with things like (screenshot attached)

How can I manually uninstall diversion and entware for reinstall? I don't want to make a full format

Thanks!
df21bee5bc33ee7aa84e33c182bd460a.jpg

Sent from S.G. S9 Plus Duos using Tapatalk

Guys,

Today router rebooted because a short power outage and now diversion is not working.
In fact if I try to access it trhough AMTM I'm getting this error

Code:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin: line 537: /opt/bin/diversion: Permission denied

If I select "u" on amtm menu I got flooded with things like (screenshot attached)

How can I manually uninstall diversion and entware for reinstall? I don't want to make a full format

Thanks!

I would unmount the USB drive using the router GUI and then run a disk check, e.g. fsck.ext3 /dev/sda1 as a first step

I would unmount the USB drive using the router GUI and then run a disk check, e.g. fsck.ext3 /dev/sda1 as a first step
Yeahp it worked but partially but saved me from formatting drive

Did I miss something, it now only shows if scripts update available and we have to open each installed script separately to update it? wasn't there used to be an option to update all scripts?

Did I miss something, it now only shows if scripts update available and we have to open each installed script separately to update it? wasn't there used to be an option to update all scripts?
No, amtm never had that option and never will. The individual scripts know better how to properly update themselves and do their own checks. No need to replicate this in amtm.

@thelonelycoder : I found a user interface-issue that I think can be improved. If I do a search for updates through the "u"-option and there are no updates available (ie all installed scripts and amtm itself are up to date), then amtm display the script names followed by "no upd" and the text "All scripts are up to date". Below that is the text "Enter option". This text is the same as when you first start amtm and the main menu is shown. However, at this point the user is not shown the main menu, only the input prompt, and if you dont remember the main menu commands you need to exit the script and then start it again to get the main menu to display (or do trial'n'error to enter a submenu and then go back). I suggest that after the update check, the user is prompted with a "Press enter for main menu" or similar that brings up the main menu again. Just my thougths, up to you if you want to incorporate it or not (maybe there is a reason for why it is the way it is that I don't know of). Thanks for a great script!
Worth an immediate update. Thanks for the idea!

Use u to update amtm, no version change.
What's changed
- When no script updates are available in u, amtm returns to default screen.

Was the option for amtm in the update menu always called “exit” with the shortcut “e”?

That kind of looks weird, since the menu automatically closes now.

BTW: that new UX (automatically backtracking in the navigation stack, when there are no updates) feels really weird to me, but I’m no interaction designer).

Was the option for amtm in the update menu always called “exit” with the shortcut “e”?
Always.
BTW: that new UX (automatically backtracking in the navigation stack, when there are no updates) feels really weird to me, but I’m no interaction designer).
Some apps and programs force you to click OK, Return, Close or whatever wording or interaction the developer chose.
I opted for the 'no unnecessary interaction required' option.

I concur. I thought I was experiencing a bug.

I concur. I thought I was experiencing a bug.
An intentional pause for users to peruse the result before it returns to the default view, declaring the obvious.
Some approve, some find this is a decline in the amtm UX.
(thumbs up) - (thumbs down) = Equilibrium = Good enough for me ;)