What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

is there anything in the works to resolve conflicts for those that have AMTM installed vs the new one that is added to the firmware? Basically, what will happen after updating to the 384.15 if one already has amtm installer installed the old way
amtm will sort this out, it’s built in.

Code:
amtm 3.1.0 FW             by thelonelycoder
 RT-AC86U (aarch64) FW-384.15 @ 192.168.0.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

2  open     Skynet                    v7.0.9

j3 open     scMerlin                  v1.0.3

sw manage   Swap file /mnt/sda1 2.0G

i  show     all available scripts or tools
 u  check    for script updates

amtm options
 e  exit      t  theme   r  reset   a  about

amtm migrated to integrated firmware version
 - Module amtm.mod downloaded

Enter option

Already had amtm installed on previous 384.15 Alpha 1. First time running amtm on 384.15 Alpha 2 (see above). All looking great! Thanks.

Last edited:
Working Great thank you

Code:
 amtm 3.1.0 FW             by thelonelycoder
 RT-AX88U (aarch64) FW-384.15 @ 10.8.100.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

1  open     Diversion                 v4.1.8
 2  open     Skynet                    v7.0.9
 3  open     FreshJR QOS                 v8.8

j5 open     uiDivStats                v1.3.0

ep manage   Entware packages          no upd

m  menu     amtm   uu  force update   v3.1.0

All scripts are up to date

Enter option

Updated last night and everything went smoothly.

RT-AC86U 384.13

amtm 3.1.0 Update_crop.png

@thelonelycoder - CONGRATS once again for this magical manager of Merlin enabled scripts - now embedded in the 384.15 firmware. :D.

Just a thought ... bumped the "a" option under main amtm menu for the first time in a while ... and wondered if @Jack Yaz should not be included in your list of "Contributors" - seeing as he not only has his own numbered list of scripts "j?" but also is the author of no less than 7 of the 12 numbered script items ??? :).

Upgraded to 384.15 Alpha 2 and got amtm 3.1.0 FW.

I tried to reinstall Diversion, but that failed (will post that in the Diversion topic).

After exiting amtm I can no longer start it:

Code:
admin@ac86u:/tmp/home/root# amtm
-sh: /jffs/scripts/amtm: not found

I'm on 384.14 and I've updated to amtm 3.1.0. After a reboot it doesn't start as usual with "amtm" anymore, but I have run "sh amtm" now for to start it. Except this, everything's running fine.

admin@router:/tmp/home/root# amtm
-sh: amtm: not found

@thelonelycoder - CONGRATS once again for this magical manager of Merlin enabled scripts - now embedded in the 384.15 firmware. :D.

Just a thought ... bumped the "a" option under main amtm menu for the first time in a while ... and wondered if @Jack Yaz should not be included in your list of "Contributors" - seeing as he not only has his own numbered list of scripts "j?" but also is the author of no less than 7 of the 12 numbered script items ??? :).
Not downplaying Jack's work, but the contributors lists those that directly contributed to amtm's code.

I was able to successfully update to 3.1.0 about 20 mins ago and now when I enter amtm into terminal it displays:
Code:
-sh: amtm: not found
When I start it manually in /jffs/scripts and enter u it offers me to "update" to 3.0 (probably because you pulled 3.1). Is it safe to downgrade or should I just leave it like it is for now?
Thanks for reporting. Found the reason and it will be fixed with the next amtm update.

Upgraded to 384.15 Alpha 2 and got amtm 3.1.0 FW.

I tried to reinstall Diversion, but that failed (will post that in the Diversion topic).

After exiting amtm I can no longer start it:

Code:
admin@ac86u:/tmp/home/root# amtm
-sh: /jffs/scripts/amtm: not found
Thanks, will be fixed with the next update.

FYI, the firmware built in /usr/sbin/entware-setup.sh is - as of 384.15_alpha2 - symlinked to /usr/sbin/amtm.
amtm has an enhanced install procedure for Entware and so it was decided to let amtm handle the Entware install instead of entware-setup.sh.

FYI, the firmware built in /usr/sbin/entware-setup.sh is - as of 384.15_alpha2 - symlinked to /usr/sbin/amtm.
amtm has an enhanced install procedure for Entware and so it was decided to let amtm handle the Entware install instead of entware-setup.sh.
that only makes sense because amtm has proven itself time and time again plus amtm can be improved if problems occur v.s. old skool entware-setup.sh

that only makes sense because amtm has proven itself time and time again plus amtm can be improved if problems occur v.s. old skool entware-setup.sh
The script was originally written by @ryzhov_al and modified for 382/384.x compatibility by @john9527. Unfortunately, it uses an unreliable way of mounting the /opt/ folder when booting. The release of Diversion and later on when I added the Entware installer to amtm I fixed that with a very reliable way.

don't forget about the old wait functions. :eek::eek:
RIP sleep command and may you have a grand old time chatting with the no label devices from those days.
I don't rely on labels or device names anymore.

Renamed this threads title from
amtm - the SNBForum Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu
to the new
amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online