What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@heysoundude, surely you're using a USB stick bigger than 2GB?

I’d have to look to be sure, but I believe it’s only 4GB. It may be 8, but I’m leaning towards the smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amtm 3.1.1 is now available

What's new
- Moves disk-check script to amtm addons folder, updates disk-check version to 2.8.
- Highlights text when amtm update is available, thanks @JohnD5000 for the suggestion.
- Makes wildcard * in reboot scheduler rs compatible for all Asuswrt-Merlin firmware, thanks @jtp10181 for reporting.
- I cannot auto-remove an alias in active SSH session. For thoses seeing the error "-sh: /jffs/scripts/amtm: not found" please log out of SSH and then back in.
- Removes amtm auto-updater in dnscrypt installer di, this is now built into the third party script. Thanks @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow for following up on it!
- Bug fixes

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

I expect routers running 384.15 alpha or beta firmware to be updated to the recently released final Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15.0.
Thanks for helping me out squashing those pesky amtm firmware bugs by upgrading.

Last edited:
I just upgraded to the .15 firmware from the beta1. Dirty flash. THEN the AMTM update to 3.1.1. Zero issues. Once I updated AMTM, there was a diversion and a UIScribe update available. Did those as well, zero issues. No bugs to report! Thanks for all the hard work on your amazing products sir!

Hi LC

After upgrading firmware to latest release , diversion and amtm to latest release when entering U from amtm
Code:
usr/sbin/amtm: line 80: /jffs/dnscrypt/dnscrypt-proxy: not found
 di open     dnscrypt inst v2.0.9  -> min upd
             dnscrypt-prox            upd err
 ep manage   Entware packages          no upd
 m  menu     amtm   uu  force update   v3.1.1

I just updated amtm, common and diversion. The Merlin upgrade will have to wait until tomorrow- I have to go to work.
(Cheese and rice! It’s like you guys are conspiring together or something [emoji57])
And @thelonelycoder, if I have to update amtm again because you add unbound while I’m otherwise occupied, so help me...I may just have to come over and steal all of your chocolate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi LC

After upgrading firmware to latest release , diversion and amtm to latest release when entering U from amtm
Code:
usr/sbin/amtm: line 80: /jffs/dnscrypt/dnscrypt-proxy: not found
 di open     dnscrypt inst v2.0.9  -> min upd
             dnscrypt-prox            upd err
 ep manage   Entware packages          no upd
 m  menu     amtm   uu  force update   v3.1.1

Struck an issue after upgrading from beta 1 to 384.15. Both amtm and Diversion were updated (to 3.1.1 FW and 4.1.9) before I updated the firmware. Figured I'd check to make sure everything was running fine, and all appears well until I hit "u" to check for updates while in amtm and the process seems to hang. All I can see is this:

Code:
 amtm 3.1.1 FW             by thelonelycoder
 RT-AC86U (aarch64) FW-384.15 @ 192.168.0.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu         

1  open     Diversion                 v4.1.9

Only way out of it is to quit the SSH session.

I got the same result. Just let the process finish, it will take awhile. It will show errors on all installed scripts. Then run it again and it will populate normally. It is like DNS is not working yet when first running the amtm u option after updating the firmeare.

I got the same result. Just let the process finish, it will take awhile. It will show errors on all installed scripts. Then run it again and it will populate normally. It is like DNS is not working yet when first running the amtm u option after updating the firmeare.
Thanks, @Smokey613. I'll give it a try. I left it running for a few minutes but I guess it might need a little longer.

Last edited:
You little Tinker.

A very pleasant surprise.

Thank you!

A weird issue appeared, "uu" doesn't work anymore.
amtm_0209err.jpg

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!