What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amtm is hosted on the Diversion website, your router is not resolving diversion.ch. Check why.
It does resolve diversion.ch, it was working before and I did not change DNS related settings. Anyways, "uu" works now, so I don't know what happened, thanks for your time.

Just so I get this straight in my head before I go and start changing things, possibly creating a huge headache for myself, if I install scripts through amtm, they will play nicely with each other?
For instance, if I choose to use unbound along with skynet, or diversion, or all 3 of these together, I’m not going to be blocking and firewalling my network/users from all but the sites they go to most often to the exclusion of the rest of the wonderful and scary mess that is the interweb, am I?
I tend to think I’m asking this because I may have so much trust in all of these scripts after experiencing the good from all of them that I’ve become fuzzy on what they do and why I chose to begin using them...a refresher is probably a good idea. Another coffee first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@heysoundude, nothing is guaranteed to work. :)

While many of the scripts can co-exist peacefully, depending on how the router is setup, there are some that are an 'either/or' choice.

The best way is to read about each script you want to install beforehand and then determine if they'll work happily together.

The following is a great resource for the currently supported amtm scripts.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/AMTM

Just so I get this straight in my head before I go and start changing things, possibly creating a huge headache for myself, if I install scripts through amtm, they will play nicely with each other?
For instance, if I choose to use unbound along with skynet, or diversion, or all 3 of these together, I’m not going to be blocking and firewalling my network/users from all but the sites they go to most often to the exclusion of the rest of the wonderful and scary mess that is the interweb, am I?
I tend to think I’m asking this because I may have so much trust in all of these scripts after experiencing the good from all of them that I’ve become fuzzy on what they do and why I chose to begin using them...a refresher is probably a good idea. Another coffee first...

They will and they won't...:)

If you do Unbound, its installer comes with other add-ons that would possibly compete and interfere with scripts like Diversion (and maybe Skynet...although I'm not sure on this one).

As for me, I'm running unbound with diversion and skynet, but when installing Unbound, I did NOT install Adblock (Diversion equivalent).

amtm is just a front end and I'm sure that @thelonelycoder wouldn't stand up as the chief verifier for inter-script nice playing....:)

amtm is just a front end and I'm sure that @thelonelycoder wouldn't stand up as the chief verifier for inter-script nice playing....:)
Good, I wouldn’t expect him to be, but I can’t have a simple oops or missed setting change bringing my connection to a standstill: I’d suffocate on the smoke from the helmet fires around me, preventing me from getting it sorted.

Good, I wouldn’t expect him to be, but I can’t have a simple oops or missed setting change bringing my connection to a standstill: I’d suffocate on the smoke from the helmet fires around me, preventing me from getting it sorted.

Believe me, the smoke emanating from my ears when trying to wrap my head around most of this causes my alarms to go off! ;)

There's a bunch of useful stuff in the Unbound rooms regarding interoperability.....actually @Martineau did a fantastic job on the Unbound Installer page 1 Q&A digging into alot of the typical FAQ kind of stuff

Unbound + Diversion + Skynet = good so far for me....

My apologies if I missed this note elsewhere. For those that already have amtm installed is there anything special that needs to be done before or after the 384.15 firmware upgrade to keep it running correctly?

Not really. :)

Run 'uu', and then 'u' to make sure there are no updates outstanding.

Also, if you have any @Jack Yaz scripts, you will want to do 'u' twice for each of them and then reboot the router.

Note that you will have a new Addons Tab at the bottom left of the GUI, they will no longer be in Tools. ;)

Having just broke and fixed all of my scripts to open the Help & Support in a new tab, I suppose I should look into moving the addons menu further up given the demand to do so. No rest for the wicked!
Or as a good friend, aged and wise, tells me often, "No good deed goes unpunished." o_O

Having just broke and fixed all of my scripts to open the Help & Support in a new tab, I suppose I should look into moving the addons menu further up given the demand to do so. No rest for the wicked!

I actually perfer it at the bottom as I'm always viewing the router page on a monitor in portrait mode :)

Bet that "friend" is yourself.
No, this friend has many more miles and a few years on me. Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. :cool:

Aren't you supposed to be hiding under a rock, whereabouts unknown, pecking away at new intriguing ideas? :D :p

Instead I fulfilled an earlier request and made the Help & Support page a bit nicer. Updating any of my WebUI scripts will pull down the new redirect.htm :)

Ah! That is what all those 'minor updates' were in amtm. :)

No, this friend has many more miles and a few years on me. Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. :cool:

Aren't you supposed to be hiding under a rock, whereabouts unknown, pecking away at new intriguing ideas? :D :p
I'm more a doer than a thinker. Instead of hiding under I'll be hiking among rocks soon. We'll see what that does to the growing pool of cool ideas.

I have reinstalled, updated etc and still have to type unalias amtm if I don't login for a few hours?

@GoNz0 type 'r' while in the amtm menu and then exit your ssh session. This will reset amtm. Read what changes it does and take appropriate actions, if you need to.

Log back in and typing amtm will come up (be a little patient at this step, it is re-installing).

Don't forget to re-enable the disk checker (and the reboot scheduler afterward, if needed). :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!