What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Great work with the format option. An option to tar/restore the usb drive with permissions in tact would be awesome for simple backups and as a compliment to the format option. Adding a diversion backup to that as well would be cool. Then one could easily switch out and use a new usb drive at the snap of a finger or deploy a setup across multiple systems. As well as a factory default.

1 option: backup from one usb drive, to another usb drive
2. backup and manually copy the tar onto a pc, restore to the usb root dir & poof

#1 is solved by just plugging in the second USB and typing "cp -a /path/to/source_USB /path/to/dest_USB"

Thanks @cmkelley, sounds like easy code to implement. It is nice but having it tar'd with permissions allows one to back up on NTFS or any other medium. Hh my darling daisies, I just realized /opt is actually /entware on the usb. Gosh diddly dang I hadunt realized thayt. Your skynets out of dayte by the way

Thanks @cmkelley, sounds like easy code to implement. It is nice but having it tar'd with permissions allows one to back up on NTFS or any other medium. Hh my darling daisies, I just realized /opt is actually /entware on the usb. Gosh diddly dang I hadunt realized thayt. Your skynets out of dayte by the way
No, my signature is was out of date. :p

amtm 1.7 is now available

What's new in amtm v1.7
- Various code and text corrections
- Added info what will be removed when removing amtm
- Added label name confirmation question in Disk formatter
- Re-added Entware install option in amtm
- Stubby DNS (Stubby-Installer-Asuswrt-Merlin) by @Xentrk joined the amtm collection of favorite SNBForum scripts!

How to update to amtm v1.7
In amtm, use u to update to this latest version

r78Jzxl.png

Don't know why but update didn't work for me, told me that it can't fetch the latest version. Had to install it manual over the old version. Afterwards the update function worked again too!

Don't know why but update didn't work for me, told me that it can't fetch the latest version. Had to install it manual over the old version. Afterwards the update function worked again too!
I'm sure you were using amtm 1.6_beta. The files were deleted on my server as announced in the beta thread.

@thelonelycoder or @Adamm
I found that my usb drive was not cleanly dismounted. I checked /jffs and there is a new unmount script. It is lacking the umount command for the mounted usb. I also call the unmount script and stop Stubby in the services-stop file. Now I get a clean disk check. ;):)

Actually when Stubby is installed it should put a line in services-stop to kill Stubby. So @Xentrk would need to update the script. The disk-check utility could add the umount command to the unmount script. That would do it probably. ;):)

@thelonelycoder or @Adamm
I found that my usb drive was not cleanly dismounted. I checked /jffs and there is a new unmount script. It is lacking the umount command for the mounted usb. I also call the unmount script and stop Stubby in the services-stop file. Now I get a clean disk check. ;):)
amtm does not use the unmount script, Diversion 4.0.7 does.
unmount is run before the system umounts the device. In my opinion there is no need to do that in unmount.
Diversion stopps its services so that the systen can cleanly umount the device.

amtm does not use the unmount script, Diversion 4.0.7 does.
unmount is run before the system umounts the device. In my opinion there is no need to do that in unmount.
Diversion stopps its services so that the systen can cleanly umount the device.
The default setup, (as I just set things up from scratch does not cleanly dismount). If I add those two instructions to the appropriate files, boom clean dismount. I don't want to argue but the default in my situation didn't work. Maybe the system part of the equation is not happening.

Actually when Stubby is installed it should put a line in services-stop to kill Stubby. So @Xentrk would need to update the script. The disk-check utility could add the umount command to the unmount script. That would do it probably. ;):)
Stubby is started by entware and therefore stopped when services-stop runs. That's why the line is there.

Stubby is started by entware and therefore stopped when services-stop runs. That's why the line is there.
Agreed! But nothing is calling the unmount script. And because of that, (I think) the umount command for the usb drive is never called as well. I use services-stop to call the unmount script. The system must be running the umount at the wrong time. I use the unmount script to umount the drive.

Agreed! But nothing is calling the unmount script. And because of that, (I think) the umount command for the usb drive is never called as well. I use services-stop to call the unmount script. The system must be running the umount at the wrong time. I use the unmount script to umount the drive.
Your messing with the system. Everytime I do tests, the services-stop is run before unmount.
Maybe you have scripts that delay the clean unmount, look for those.
The unmount script is run 100% in my tests. But there's a difference if you reboot the router through the webui/ssh command or use the reboot sheduler. The latter does not properly unmount devices.
If you'd post what you have in those files that would help sort it out.

Your messing with the system. Everytime I do tests, the services-stop is run before unmount.
Maybe you have scripts that delay the clean unmount, look for those.
The unmount script is run 100% in my tests. But there's a difference if you reboot the router through the webui/ssh command or use the reboot sheduler. The latter does not properly unmount devices.
If you'd post what you have in those files that would help sort it out.
In my services-stop:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung stop # Added by Diversion
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall save # Skynet Firewall Addition
In unmount I have this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

[ "$(find $1/entware*/bin/opkg 2> /dev/null)" ] && diversion unmount # Added by Diversion

[ "$(find $1/myswap.swp 2> /dev/null)" ] && swapoff $1/myswap.swp # Added by Diversion
The only other scripts I have running are run with entware (stubby, haveged). I have FreshJR_QOS as well. That is all.

I installed amtm on 384.9 beta today. Noticed entware did not load usual scripts as compared to manual install via Merlin. Stubby seems to run ok. Swap file add worked well but I do not want diversion or the rest. Will likely wipe amtm tomorrow and go back to just entware and stubby.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

This is all I got running and every disk check is forced for some reason.

When I run fuser I get this:
Code:
 kernel swap  /tmp/mnt/EXT2/myswap.swp
                      kernel mount /tmp/mnt/EXT2
                      haveged
                      stubby
                     pixelserv-tls
                     dnsmasq

amtm 1.7 is now available

What's new in amtm v1.7
- Various code and text corrections
- Added info what will be removed when removing amtm
- Added label name confirmation question in Disk formatter
- Re-added Entware install option in amtm
- Stubby DNS (Stubby-Installer-Asuswrt-Merlin) by @Xentrk joined the amtm collection of favorite SNBForum scripts!

How to update to amtm v1.7
In amtm, use u to update to this latest version

r78Jzxl.png

Awesome - thanks for adding Stubby installer ... just a minor fix to avoid confusion.
Following an install of Stubby via AMTM - the text on option 6 to open stubby from AMTM says ...

...4 . default to Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1. You can change to other supported DNS over TLS providers by modifying /opt/var/stubby/stubby.xml
Not there anymore ... it is now found in /opt/etc/stubby/stubby.yml [see Github link https://github.com/Xentrk/Stubby-Installer-Asuswrt-Merlin item 6 under "Stubby Installer ..." / Description.

Otherwise - confirm all good ... stubby installed and running without issues so far :).

hi all, can anyone shortly share what are or could be the pros/cons of StubbyDNS vs. DNSCrypt?

Note: I am using DNSCrypt, and I've noticed it has a fallback option which can be set (i.e. to 1.1.1.1). Is that making DNSCrypt more of a reliable script? I haven't used Stubby DNS (yet), so I cannot comment on it. I've seen Stubby was added as an option, and I am now wondering which one should I use (as obviously both cannot be used at the same time).

hi all, can anyone shortly share what are or could be the pros/cons of StubbyDNS vs. DNSCrypt?

Note: I am using DNSCrypt, and I've noticed it has a fallback option which can be set (i.e. to 1.1.1.1). Is that making DNSCrypt more of a reliable script? I haven't used Stubby DNS (yet), so I cannot comment on it. I've seen Stubby was added as an option, and I am now wondering which one should I use (as obviously both cannot be used at the same time).

Not expert enough to comment fully on a comparison - all I can say is that I could never get DNSCrypt to work properly [probably my short-comings not DNSCrypt itself] in these respects ...
  • lots of "INVALID Security" issues [with Wegbui DNSSEC enabled]; and
  • never could fully pass the DNS leak Extended test here https://www.dnsleaktest.com/ [most often found my ISP's dns sneaking in!].
With stubby installed [using its own built in dnssec] - stock standard from amtm - I no longer have the invalid security issues and fully pass the DNS leak test. Feeling much more secure - and force all clients through stubby [see Github for script additions if needed].
Happy camper :).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!