What's new

amtm AMTM Update Hanging

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ElmerFudd

Regular Contributor
Has anyone experienced an issue where AMTM Update hangs and than says:

"using fallback server diversion.ch
! amtm: diversion.ch unreachable
Update(s) aborted, could not retrieve version" ?

I do not even have Diversion installed as I'm running AdGuard instead. I've also tried to install Diversion and it says server cannot be found. How do I stop it from trying to reach out to Diversion?

It would be ideal if I did not have to reload the router from scratch as that is going to be very time consuming.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 3.48.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 3.48.36 PM.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 85
Never mind.... just figured out that I had to White List Diversion.CH in SkyNET as its a switzerland Domain. It would be optimal if AMTM Update did not probe sites for scripts not installed.

I believe this has been covered before. You can try searching the forum.

You omitted the lines of AMTM that shows the AMTM version and the firmware version. The most straightforward answer is to update the firmware.

I also had this issue. I had tried other workarounds mentioned in various threads/posts but found I was spending too much time going nowhere and just went ahead and upgraded. I believe it has something to do with security certificates. The toughest part of the update was my local DHCP settings. After installing YazDHCP, I was able to save these and then reload them after the update.

I believe this has been covered before. You can try searching the forum.

You omitted the lines of AMTM that shows the AMTM version and the firmware version. The most straightforward answer is to update the firmware.

I also had this issue. I had tried other workarounds mentioned in various threads/posts but found I was spending too much time going nowhere and just went ahead and upgraded. I believe it has something to do with security certificates. The toughest part of the update was my local DHCP settings. After installing YazDHCP, I was able to save these and then reload them after the update.
This is not the certificate issue you're referring to. It was simply caused by him blocking access to the amtm update site.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!