What's new

antenna gain shipped with the router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The maximum allowed for the country where they are sold in, taking the RF amps and other important design choices and aspects into account. :)

(I would guess around 5dBi).

Omni directional antennas of that size are usually unity gain, i.e. none.

I believe the antenna gain can be found in the FCC radio test report. So for example the RT-AX88U document shows approximately 2dBi:

Untitled.png

Omni directional antennas of that size are usually unity gain, i.e. none.
Speaking of antenna gain, I have seen taller antennas on Amazon that claim 9dbi gain.
@thiggins in your experience is there any real world advantage as far as better range with these?

Speaking of antenna gain, I have seen taller antennas on Amazon that claim 9dbi gain.
@thiggins in your experience is there any real world advantage as far as better range with these?
I have no experience with substituting antennas on routers. As has been noted, antennas are an integral part of the entire RF chain design. So I don't mess with them.

@ColinTaylor how would I search for the RT-AX86U, instead of the RT-AX88U, with your link? (What is the main site address)?

@ColinTaylor, thank you for that link. Half an hour later, I am still shocked by how ineffective that site is to navigate. Still don't know the identical information of the RT-AX86U vs. the RT-AX88U you presented above.

I haven't given up yet though. ;)

For 'closure', I've given up. :)

That website is just a tangled web of spaghetti and all I want is soup!