What's new

Antennas RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

the modem is beside the router, and all my ac gear is downstairs, if I put the router upstairs, the db get to 68...

Gotcha. In that case, I would look for an AP to put upstairs rather than a Repeater since you have Ethernet going all the way up there.

I bought two of the ASUS WL-ANT191 antennas for the AC68U as well as a WL-ANT157 to replace the middle antenna. Can't wait till they get here :)

I bought two of the ASUS WL-ANT191 antennas for the AC68U as well as a WL-ANT157 to replace the middle antenna. Can't wait till they get here :)

If you can please post your RSSI results comparing the results before and after. There is a lot of interest in aftermarket antennas lately.

Gotcha. In that case, I would look for an AP to put upstairs rather than a Repeater since you have Ethernet going all the way up there.

I currently have the WL-ANT157 replacing the center antenna. It does boost throughput and gives an extra bar in the room having range issues.

I just need a slight boost for " dead corners" and perhaps the patio and backyard.

an ap is still so costly for simultaneous dualband n + ac . :S I had really though this router to be top of the line in range. but t'is indeed the best router ive had in over 10 years.

So my antennas arrived today. I guess I can say I'm not dissatisfied nor satisfied. I noticed very little difference in my network range.

Sadly my AC68U is at the end of my home, since that is where the modem is. So, the router has to reach the end of the home. Our home is about 3,000 sq feet. I have read reviews that people can get signal all the way out to the street, and well I can do that now. But sadly, it doesn't reach all the way at the end of the home. It seems like the router goes to our front yard and backyard rather than going side to side.

My iPhone struggles to hang on to one bar. I have a AC66U repeating at the end of the home, but shut that off expecting these two antennas to provide more and beyond. Sadly, since my router is at the end of the home, my neighbors are getting wonderful WiFi signal, and the other end of my home is bearly getting touched (computers get a somewhat better connection, to be expected).

All in all, I didn't see much improvement. I have moved them around till I'm blue in the face, but adjusting them didn't make a difference.

I guess I'm shocked that with the stock antennas the AC68U came with that it was able to touch the end of the home, and then I bring in not one, but TWO of these huge 9dBi antennas, it still gets bearly touched.

Is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!