What's new

Any advice for this network setup (picture) ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joe_freeman

New Around Here
netwerkschets_20210516.png

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum but loving the great info here! I have a lot of wifi IoT devices (I have/had my reasons, different discussion ;p) and therefore want to improve my network and network management. My main question is hence what you guys would advice for the demands of above picture? I've looked into other posts with advice and mainly based on a lot of @Trip 's posts I'm currently leaning to a TP-Link Omada setup. Ubiquity has been slippin up lately and development is not going into the right direction. Plus I want full local control and Ubiquity is trying to push everyone to cloud dependence. If I understand correctly, Omada can be setup completely cloud independent. My network knowledge is ok, but certainly not advanced (though I'm learning fast) and I don't mind to tinker. But I already have a looooot of home automation to tinker on, hence it would be great to do the network configuration in an SDN setup.
I'm curious what you guys think and let me know in case I'm not complete(ly clear) with my requirements! Cheers!

View attachment 33882
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum but loving the great info here! I have a lot of wifi IoT devices (I have/had my reasons, different discussion ;p) and therefore want to improve my network and network management. My main question is hence what you guys would advice for the demands of above picture? I've looked into other posts with advice and mainly based on a lot of @Trip 's posts I'm currently leaning to a TP-Link Omada setup. Ubiquity has been slippin up lately and development is not going into the right direction. Plus I want full local control and Ubiquity is trying to push everyone to cloud dependence. If I understand correctly, Omada can be setup completely cloud independent. My network knowledge is ok, but certainly not advanced (though I'm learning fast) and I don't mind to tinker. But I already have a looooot of home automation to tinker on, hence it would be great to do the network configuration in an SDN setup.
I'm curious what you guys think and let me know in case I'm not complete(ly clear) with my requirements! Cheers!
QNAP QHORA-301W

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!