What's new

Any guidelines with regard to essential WIFI settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aht961

Occasional Visitor
I have been looking for some hints with regard to best wireless settings for 2.4G / 5G tuners for AC68U (or similar routers) to no avail.

Could somebody please submit a screenshot of their wifi-screens of their router?
(range- / persistance- / speed-wise)

I am lost with these various options in the "professional" tab but could not find any explanation for these in the manual or elsewhere. Usually it is said that best to keep them at defaults - however I don't know what were the default settings and rather lazy to reset the router as I have all other settings adjusted already. Or will it be merely trial and error?

Even an URL to a guide applicable to this router will be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have some screenshots (probably from an older firmware, but I haven't found any that work better) of the settings that work best for me: http://imgur.com/a/67vTE/all

You might need to change the channel settings depending on what your neighbors are using, to minimize interference.

I have some screenshots (probably from an older firmware, but I haven't found any that work better) of the settings that work best for me: http://imgur.com/a/67vTE/all

You might need to change the channel settings depending on what your neighbors are using, to minimize interference.

Thanks a lot. You have turned ON all the possible options (Tx/WMM/USB3/...). Was that the default or you have preferred to do so? Does it have any penalty with regard to the range / speed?

I think the USB3 setting is enabled by default (it slows down the USB port to reduce interference, basically a way to cover for cheap USB3 devices and let people disable it to use the full speed at their own risk of impacting wifi).

As for the other settings, they didn't make all that much difference to my throughput, but I left them on because I think they were just a little bit faster for me. Some of them are on by default and some are ones I enabled, I can't remember which ones I did myself. I know I changed the preamble and left the tx power at default though.

I'd reset it to find the defaults for you but I'm not near my router at the moment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!