What's new

Any update on AX86u - Pro model?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

josh3003

Regular Contributor
Just checking if there's any update on these models. Looking to update from ac68u.
I can see the AX86u is out of stock / not getting restocked and don't want the nerfed ax86s model.

Just checking if there's any update on these models. Looking to update from ac68u.
I can see the AX86u is out of stock / not getting restocked and don't want the nerfed ax86s model.
The AX86U is in stock several places in US. No pro sightings yet.

RT-AX86U Pro won't be released for a couple a months.

RT-AX86U Pro won't be released for a couple a months.
Was there any indication on what the specs will be like vs the regular AX86u?
Amazon should be getting local stock soon on the ax86u so thinking to go that way to upgrade my ac68u

Was there any indication on what the specs will be like vs the regular AX86u?
Amazon should be getting local stock soon on the ax86u so thinking to go that way to upgrade my ac68u
Slightly faster CPU, might also have an upgraded wifi SoC (but that part probably won`t have any impact on performance).

And just like that, it went from RT-AX86U Pro, to probably not.

(Depending on the price, and if the performance at least matches the original RT-AX86U, of course).

4912 + 6715 + 6710 im guessing.

UNII-1 power output is higher than last model.

Doesn't support UNII-4, but I don't think it will matter... Basically another 6E situation (Lack of clients).

BCM EOL'd 43684.

Tbh, I rather buy a GT-AX6000 on sale. MSRP on this model will prob end up $300+ anyway.

Last edited:
Yes. Current 43684 products may stuck with whatever driver is available.

Not sure what you mean, but the chip is still relevant, just not going to be implemented in upcoming products. Unless you meant merlin support?

Anyway. It's definitely an upgrade over current AX86U/S. Newer gen 2 products seem to drop 2x 3.0 USB. IE: AXE16000, AX11000 PRO, AX6000 are all 2.0 + 3.0. Hardware limitation? older 4908 supported extra controller.

I assume this is a full native 4912.. 4 x 1gbE 1 x 2.5gbE for WAN (Maybe with 1GB teaming? 1+2.5gbE) 1x usb 3.0, 1x usb 2.0.

Again, id prob rather take the GT-AX6000 if it hits under $300. Better/large thermal design, 2x 6715 + extra added 2.5gbE controller.

Last edited:
Doesn't support UNII-4, but I don't think it will matter... Basically another 6E situation (Lack of clients).

The one notable exception may be tri-band 5-2 bands U-NII-3,4 at 160MHz bandwidth for AiMesh backhaul and no DFS.

OE

Last edited:
The one notable exception may be tri-band 5-2 bands U-NII-3,4 at 160MHz bandwidth for AiMesh backhaul.

OE

Agree. I view 6E the same way... at least until clients are widespread enough to saturate a radio.. Right now your only options are Intel desktop/laptop cards or specific android phones... Kinda silly :)

ASUS actually updated one of their older products with UNII-4.. XT8.

Makes sense for backhaul, especially with power output. ;)

And just like that, it went from RT-AX86U Pro, to probably not.

(Depending on the price, and if the performance at least matches the original RT-AX86U, of course).
What does L&LD stand for anyway, sounds like a law firm ?

Just wondered, it all good man.

Lol... no, no law firm. It is a literal translation of my native name.

@BreakingDad
If you're looking for legal representation, then look no further than Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe Attorneys at law. They've been handling my frivolous lawsuits for years.
EDIT: My GT-AX6000 is running well!

@BreakingDad
If you're looking for legal representation, then look no further than Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe Attorneys at law. They've been handling my frivolous lawsuits for years.
EDIT: My GT-AX6000 is running well!

Loved Click and Clack ("Car Talk"), too.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!