What's new

Anyone even gets anything counted on AiProtection?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RejZoR

Regular Contributor
On RT-AC87U I had a lot of things counted there and displayed as "Blocked". On RT-AX58U, it's been weeks and months and all AiProtection counters are at ZERO. What's going on? I did tests and URL blocking does seem to actually work, but it counts nothing when it happens. Not with official ASUS firmware or latest Merlin builds.

On RT-AC87U I had a lot of things counted there and displayed as "Blocked". On RT-AX58U, it's been weeks and months and all AiProtection counters are at ZERO. What's going on? I did tests and URL blocking does seem to actually work, but it counts nothing when it happens. Not with official ASUS firmware or latest Merlin builds.

Same here with my set up.
I’m using AiProtect, but I see no notifications. Like you, I have tested, & it appears to be actually working though.:)

Same here!
Ax88U.... since the beginning of my purchase /last November/ its been staying at 0 regardless of the firmware version. I was using Asus firmware in the beginning and then switched to merlin - same thing.

My RT-AX88U with 384.18 is currently showing 8 Malicious Site Blocks, so yes, it seems to be fine in my case.

RT-AC3100

9 current Two-Way IPS alerts. These are basically the only alerts I ever see and they are always relevant to only a single device.

It’s broken on my ac5300 it stays on 0

On my 86u, I sometimes get hits on Malicious Site Blocking from my daughter's phone. She watches tic-tok all day, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that. If it wasn't for her phone, I'm quite sure I'd have all zeros all the time.

By chance are your browsers using DoH? If so AiProtect will not work.

AiProtection did not show anything, no graphs, for my RT-AC68U but at least Malicious Sites Blocking seemed to be working. Since I switched to the RT-AX88U, AiProtection and its graphs have been working and I have a couple of hits in Malicious Sites Blocking. I have never ever seen any hit in Two-Way IPS or Infected Device Prevention and Blocking. It seems like the AiProtection feature is kind of flakey, since others have reported, even for the RT-AC68U, to work.

I haven't looked at the AI Protection section in a while and after seeing this thread I took a look and every category shows zeros. I don't know how long it's been like that but in the past, there were always some listings of blocking taking place. And isn't there a certificate that should be updated on a regular basis? I don't remember where that's located to check as all my categories show as "Protection Since 2020/02/24 12:50.

Maybe my ISP(Comcast) has gotten better at blocking unwanted intrusions? That doesn't seem likely but the fact that AIP shows no activity is rather curious.

Running RT-AC86U w/Merlin 384.19

Found the certificate, Administration>Firmware Upgrade, and it shows updated as of today, 9//3/20 2.194

Does anyone know a simple way to test Two-Way IPS and Infected Device Prevention and Blocking?

On my RT-AC87U it is definitely working and shows it is working when I look at the stats. Lots of "hits" on Malicious Sites and Two Way IPS.

Does anyone know a simple way to test Two-Way IPS and Infected Device Prevention and Blocking?

You can test the blocking with http(s)://wrs49.winshipway.com/
You can find the link on:

I get a message onscreen from AiProtect and it's blocked, but on my RT-AX88U router it won't be counted.

I had turned AI Protection off a few weeks ago. Before that it logged events. Since then it dose not log them yet it dose block access to known malicious sites. You can find a list of sites with malware here:

When I tried the first site on the list the Trend Micro warning came up. The counter did not increment.

Morris

I get a message onscreen from AiProtect and it's blocked, but on my RT-AX88U router it won't be counted.
Neat, I get the blocked message on my 87U, and it isn't counted in the stats here, either.

Thanks. I tried it and it triggered a malicious site alert and increased the count. This is the easy one to trigger.
However I would like to to test Two-Way IPS and Infected Device Prevention and Blocking?
How do I trigger these?

Weird, I click on those sites and they get blocked but still showing zeros in the AIP screens. I guess it's working but I'm not getting any confirmation of that by looking at the AI Protection screens.

By chance are your browsers using DoH? If so AiProtect will not work.

Wait a second, why would DoH affect this? DoH doesn't encrypt traffic, it encrypts DNS. Is this entirely DNS based solution fro Trend Micro? I know it wasn't done locally on router, but I didn't exopect it being entirely DNS either if that's the case.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!