What's new

anyone remember Pluto? (pre linuxMCE)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Twice_Shy

Occasional Visitor
I was just curious if anyone here remembered when the Pluto home automation software came out.

I'm told this turned into LinuxMCE(?) but couldn't verify.

The original website seems gone as are the ISO images. I'm wondering if any other projects might've integrated it's code or if there are any features it had that for some reason newer systems did not maintain.

I was just curious if anyone here remembered when the Pluto home automation software came out.

I'm told this turned into LinuxMCE(?) but couldn't verify.

The original website seems gone as are the ISO images. I'm wondering if any other projects might've integrated it's code or if there are any features it had that for some reason newer systems did not maintain.

LINUXMCE

Thanks! Does anyone out there have a mirror of the old pluto ISO's by chance? I'm just curious even if it's "obsolete".

Did linuxMCE just continue unbranched as the main and only automation system, or has it split into multiple projects? Have totally separate projects sprouted up with very similar total integration goals? I haven't researched a darn thing since pluto came out a long time ago so i've no clue whats changed in the years.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!