What's new

Anyone using 802.11ax with upload/transmit greater than 195<>230Mbps?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Been on vacation and just getting back to experimenting more. Even though my link speeds are 1733/1733 with 802.11a 160mhz/5Ghz (as reported by the OS and the app for the NIC) my actual speed test numbers were abysmal. Yet during video conferences and streaming everything looked great. Turns out that the NIC does all sorts of traffic shaping, QoS and prioritization that were skewing the Speedtest results. Still not great as I'm line of sight, 5ft away from router with a 1Gb service. Wired gets me around 920Mbps to 947Mbps in each direction, so not perfect but good enough. I turned off Protected Management Frames and Wifi Agile Multiband based on another post but to no avail.

View attachment 35456

Next up, going back to separate SSID's, removing Smart Connect to see if I can better upload speeds than 229Mbps when the NIC is set to 802.11ax. Here's what it looks like right now, before splitting things up. Open to any recommendations that would improve upon my abysmal transmit speeds when using 802.11ax as reported by the OS and App, 229Mbps.
View attachment 35457View attachment 35458View attachment 35459
The best way to improve your transmit speeds is to reset everything to defaults.

Then, the only thing you should do is enable 160mhz and ensure the AX band is set to only allow AX clients.

Different routers have different ways of getting 160mhz. On my AX92u, I have to manually select a DFS channels. Yours may be different.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!