What's new

AP mode is like Charles Manson on crack!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

baz

Regular Contributor
Hello all. I hope someone may be able to help me shed some light on my issue.
I was running my RT-AX88U in router mode with an RT-AC88U as an AiMesh node, and everything ran perfectly.

I just recently changed the router to AP mode after a reset (RT-AX88u) with the RT-AC88U as an AiMesh node and it is like Charles Manson on crack. As unstable as can be, The connection is very spotty and slow. I used the current stock Asus firmware on both devices and had the same problem once in AP mode. I have also tried Asus Merlin on the AX88u, and stock on the AC88U.

I have done a factory reset each time the firmware was updated/changed, but in the end, no matter the firmware (Stock, or Merlin) the same thing happens. Even without mesh running the problem persist.

I can post my system logs but am wonder whet settings I should use to debug the issue. ( Default message log level, Log only messages more urgent than)
Please let me know any thoughts or ideas you may have.
Thanks in advance for helping me trouble shoot this.

Hello all. I hope someone may be able to help me shed some light on my issue.
I was running my RT-AX88U in router mode with an RT-AC88U as an AiMesh node, and everything ran perfectly.

I just recently changed the router to AP mode after a reset (RT-AX88u) with the RT-AC88U as an AiMesh node and it is like Charles Manson on crack. As unstable as can be, The connection is very spotty and slow. I used the current stock Asus firmware on both devices and had the same problem once in AP mode. I have also tried Asus Merlin on the AX88u, and stock on the AC88U.

I have done a factory reset each time the firmware was updated/changed, but in the end, no matter the firmware (Stock, or Merlin) the same thing happens. Even without mesh running the problem persist.

I can post my system logs but am wonder whet settings I should use to debug the issue. ( Default message log level, Log only messages more urgent than)
Please let me know any thoughts or ideas you may have.
Thanks in advance for helping me trouble shoot this.
What made you stop running your RT-AX88U in router mode?

What made you stop running your RT-AX88U in router mode?
Firewalla Gold
I know its not firewall, because I have a different ap set up for a guest network different router and location, and it works fine (running tomato)

So I did a hard reset to both routers, and it seems things are better. Odd.....
Thanks

Odd? I think expected. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!