What's new

Approved ways to free up NVRAM space...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@gjf, sorry, some claim to have the RT-AC68U when they actually don't.

Still don't see how this ancient thread will help you? What issue do you actually have?

@gjf, sorry, some claim to have the RT-AC68U when they actually don't.

Still don't see how this ancient thread will help you? What issue do you actually have?
Now my NVRAM is running 65151 / 65536 bytes so I am looking for possibilities to decrease it.
And as far as I see there are keys for openvpn, ssh - but it was claimed they were moved to jffs.

There are some commands you can search for here on the forums to decrease it slightly.

However, depending on when you last did a full reset to factory defaults (followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure your router and connect to your ISP) was, I would recommend an M&M Config instead.

Please see my signature for the link to that guide and you may also want to read/follow the Nuclear Reset guide too.

So, curious, how many 'dirty' upgrades have you done on the router as it sits today? :)

Once again.

My question was addressed why certs/keys are still present in NVRAM?

I am not going to perform neither factory reset nor "nuclear reset" or any other reset - because everything is working and I have a lot of things to do for fun rather then re-configuring the router with three VPN servers, two VPN clients, entware, swap and modules :)

Anyway - sshd keys are still in NVRAM as well as vpn_server_custom2 and vpn_server_cust2.

These are stored in nvram, so this is normal.

@gjf I did say 'depending on...'. :)

What did your NVRAM usage go to after running those commands?

"gjf said:
latest Merlin FW
Did you read my post?"

No point in sh!tting on the person trying to help you :)

Saying "latest merlin" is pointless, misleading and usually inaccurate. The are often multiple streams, release versions, beta versions and alpha versions. It takes less time to post an actual version number in most cases. As tomorrow there could be a new release, "latest" may or may not apply.Someone reading this 3 years from now, as this thread is YEARS old already, will have absolutely no clue what "latest" is or was.

Just saying.

I've used the information in this post with good effect. The issue is that the empty nvram settings return on reboot, even with the 'nvram commit'.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!