What's new

are there any changes to mDNS in the 388 code base

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Me too very grateful! always good / helpful discussion with a little banter. It would be nice if everything worked perfectly but never so easy with such complex and specific setups.

new HomeKit architecture coming in a few weeks ios16,2 so fingers crossed it helps with some of these issues

Me too very grateful! always good / helpful discussion with a little banter. It would be nice if everything worked perfectly but never so easy with such complex and specific setups.

new HomeKit architecture coming in a few weeks ios16,2 so fingers crossed it helps with some of these issues
tvOS 16.0 and 16.1 in some ways made things worse. Apple TV's connected to ethernet now keep both the WiFi and ethernet interfaces active at the same time. This is not only confusing, the Apple TV is also sending out RA's through both interfaces. Who knows if this is a bug or a planned change in behavior.

tvOS 16.0 and 16.1 in some ways made things worse. Apple TV's connected to ethernet now keep both the WiFi and ethernet interfaces active at the same time. This is not only confusing, the Apple TV is also sending out RA's through both interfaces. Who knows if this is a bug or a planned change in behavior.
That’s interesting and strange. My older macs with Ethernet and wifi do this also. Wifi is used for airdrop and other stuff even with Ethernet connected.

on my atv. I just use wifi as it’s quite close to main router and works fine. I could easily run a cable to it but not needed.

for HomeKit hub, I have it switched off on the atv as I have a few HomePod minis around the house that are all hubs.

I just hope iOS 16.2 really makes a difference. The big change is that the hubs will manage/hold the state of all HomeKit devices rather than each client (iphone) having to do this. I’m hoping this solves the no response issues.

That’s interesting and strange. My older macs with Ethernet and wifi do this also. Wifi is used for airdrop and other stuff even with Ethernet connected.

on my atv. I just use wifi as it’s quite close to main router and works fine. I could easily run a cable to it but not needed.

for HomeKit hub, I have it switched off on the atv as I have a few HomePod minis around the house that are all hubs.

I just hope iOS 16.2 really makes a difference. The big change is that the hubs will manage/hold the state of all HomeKit devices rather than each client (iphone) having to do this. I’m hoping this solves the no response issues.
I'm not sure the changes with wifi are due to HomeKit though. I turned off HomeKit on everything just for testing and tvOS 16 still keeps both active. The problem is easy to work around anyway by forgetting the WiFi network.

Very sensible fix!

sounds like a bug with tvOS. Apple software and QA not great these days. Everything complicated and no longer ‘just works’

but our household is all apple devices / services so I really like it but HomeKit (and Siri) is my main issue.

on the topic of homekit devices/accessories that incorrectly say no response, here is a reddit that was really useful. I haven't implemented the solution as my issue is mainly with connecting to my homepods (hub) and not the accessories - which is a different issue so i'm still search for a solution.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!