What's new

Asus 4G-AX56 Yandex.DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoKe

New Around Here
Hello all, i recently started using a VPN service & made an DNS leak test at https://dnsleaktest.com/ after setting up VPN at my Asus 4G-AX56. A bunch of leaks to servers from Yandex LLC appeared when i did the extended DNS leak test, these servers seems to be in Russia. My VPN providers support helped me to change the WAN-setting "automatic connection to DNS server" to manual input of DNS servers, but even if we changed DNS servers the DNS keeps leaking to Yandex servers. Under the selection options it says "Clients are using Yandex.DNS regardless of the DNS setting." (see screenshot). Why can i not change DNS server? Please help me, i am desperate :-(

Attachments

• Yande.DNS.JPG
    Yande.DNS.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 168
Looking at the source code there's a lot of hard-coded sections specifically for YandexDNS. My guess is that if you purchased this router in Russia you are forced to use their DNS servers.

Thank you for writing, no the router is purchased in Sweden where i live. Could an older firmware version solve the problem?

I guess it couldn't hurt to try an older firmware.

Do you have anything related to Yandex setup under AiProtection or Parental Controls ?

No there is nothing related to Yandex at all under AiProtection or Parental Controls sadly.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!