What's new

Asus 68p downgrade back to Tmobile AC1900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

note235

New Around Here
Hello,

A few years ago I updated my Tmobile Ac1900 to a 68p. Now I have to return the router and would like to downgrade. What's the best method to do this, via rescue/recovery mode then load the latest ac1900 firmware?

There's no harm in trying to upload the original firmware through the GUI, but it's likely that you will have to use rescue mode.

Do you get the slowly blinking LED?

What IP address are you setting on your PC's network adapter?

Assuming you're using Windows start a continuous ping running while the router is operating normally.
Code:
ping -t 192.168.1.1
Leave that running and then put the router into recovery mode. You'll know when it's in that mode because the ping TTL will be 100 instead of 64.

Assuming you're using Windows start a continuous ping running while the router is operating normally.
Code:
ping -t 192.168.1.1
Leave that running and then put the router into recovery mode. You'll know when it's in that mode because the ping TTL will be 100 instead of 64.
Thanks I'll try this. And thanks for messaging!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!