What's new

ASUS AC-3200 - No way to delete "old" disconnected clients?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Would you be so kind to sent the script as well. May be a hint how to run the script as I am a newbie.

I Got an ASUS DSL_AC68U
FwVer:5.5.2.10_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.1

is it pssoble at all to run a script on this?
thanks a lot

Stephan
Whilst there is a possible GUI bug when seemingly correctly deleting the offline-device, I have a simple script to allow you to selectively remove individual entries that you consider to be truly obsolete:
Code:
./DeleteOfflineMAC.sh  -h

#============================================================================================ © 2018 Martineau v1.01
#
# Remove Offline DHCP Server MAC address from pseudo 'clientlist_offline' JSON 'database'.
#
#     DeleteOfflineMAC     { [ MAC_address ] | 'list' | 'flush' ] }
#
#     DeleteOfflineMAC     list
#                          List the contents of JSON 'database'
#     DeleteOfflineMAC     xx:de:ad:de:ad:xx
#                          Delete MAC address entry 'xx:de:ad:de:ad:xx' from JSON 'database'
#     DeleteOfflineMAC     flush
#                          JSON pseudo 'database' is deleted (a backup copy is created should it ever need to be restored!)
or completely 'forget' ALL obsolete transient device connections.

Let me know if you are interested and I will PM you the link.

Last edited:
Would you be so kind to sent the script as well. May be a hint how to run the script as I am a newbie.

I Got an ASUS DSL_AC68U
FwVer:5.5.2.10_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.1

is it pssoble at all to run a script on this?
Whilst ASUS does not advertise/promote the running of custom scripts on Stock Firmware, see this
speculative post , forum member @FreshJR describes/exploits this hack Custom scripts and stock firmware. for his script.

However, with all due respect this is not for 'newbies' and I would not like to take the responsibilty should the unattended script run amok.

Sorry.

Hello, from where you can download the script "DeleteOfflineMAC.sh"?, also have interest, thank you!

While not entirely obvious, clicking the X in the drop down list removes the clients from the list, HOWEVER that information is not conferred to the router unless you click the Apply button on whatever page you're on that it appears (works in both the Advanced / LAN / DHCP page and the AiProtection / Parental Controls page)

While not entirely obvious, clicking the X in the drop down list removes the clients from the list, HOWEVER that information is not conferred to the router unless you click the Apply button on whatever page you're on that it appears (works in both the Advanced / LAN / DHCP page and the AiProtection / Parental Controls page)
Then it must of gotten fixed because many of us have tried that back when this thread started.

@Martineau
Another +1 on being PM'ed the DeleteOfflineMAC.sh script. :)

I would like to reply on this post. I know it's old, but i am struggling with my Asus AC87U router. I had many offline not existing clients in the offline list. I decided to re-flashed the router with the latest Merlin software. After some hours of getting the router how i wanted it to, i have again some offline not existing clients (new devices which i had to send back). I hate this and was reading this post. Is there a solution for this in the Merlin firmware or do i need to use the deleteofflinemac script? If this is the case Martineau, can you give me the script somehow?

Greetings,
Frank

Have been running an AC3200 since January 2015 and never had any issue with clearing the list.

Delete the entries in the list,then clear browser cache and cookies otherwise you'll still see the full list as it is cached.

Any entries that remain/return after clearing cache/cookies will be there because they have existing DHCP leases.

Look in System log > DHCP Leases and you'll see the matching devices listed.

What happens if you rename

'/jffs/nmp_cl_json.js'
I tried this and wasn’t able to rename it. So I opened it with nano and deleted everything inside the file. Big mistake

CPU2 went to 100% of usage, and when I rebooted it, router did not started. This is a problem as I was remote managing this router and now I have to go this Sunday to fix this. So anyone wanting to try this, I would advise not to.

Whilst there is a possible GUI bug when seemingly correctly deleting the offline-device, I have a simple script to allow you to selectively remove individual entries that you consider to be truly obsolete:
Code:
./DeleteOfflineMAC.sh  -h

#============================================================================================ © 2018 Martineau v1.01
#
# Remove Offline DHCP Server MAC address from pseudo 'clientlist_offline' JSON 'database'.
#
#     DeleteOfflineMAC     { [ MAC_address ] | 'list' | 'flush' ] }
#
#     DeleteOfflineMAC     list
#                          List the contents of JSON 'database'
#     DeleteOfflineMAC     xx:de:ad:de:ad:xx
#                          Delete MAC address entry 'xx:de:ad:de:ad:xx' from JSON 'database'
#     DeleteOfflineMAC     flush
#                          JSON pseudo 'database' is deleted (a backup copy is created should it ever need to be restored!)
or completely 'forget' ALL obsolete transient device connections.

Let me know if you are interested and I will PM you the link.

I'd love a link to the script but the forum won't let me start a conversation. :(

feature limitation of Asus router(s):
- can't remove old client mac addresses

and

This will not apply to all Asus routers, that don't support the Asus router phone app ,but maybe it will help a few people out. I've found an easy way to clear client (MAC address) list of all unused / no longer wanted devices using the Asus router app. Since i use the Wifi whitelist filtering of all devices (wireless MAC filter set to 'accept') this was super helpful. Just go to the google play store and download the Asus router app for Android (assume if you have a proprietary "she, hers, them" crApple you probably wouldn't be here, reading this anyway).

Once you get it installed, then just click on 'devices' tab at the bottom, scroll to the bottom and select 'offline' (scroll again after this as it's kinda glitchy), and finally just double click the device name and 'delete' / 'delete all' or 'clean offline list'. I just use the 'delete all' so i can monitor and start fresh. And that appears to do the job of finally being able clearing out all unwanted / old clients!

Whilst ASUS does not advertise/promote the running of custom scripts on Stock Firmware, see this
speculative post , forum member @FreshJR describes/exploits this hack Custom scripts and stock firmware. for his script.

However, with all due respect this is not for 'newbies' and I would not like to take the responsibilty should the unattended script run amok.

Sorry.
Hello,

I'm also interested in having access to your script.

I own an RT-AC3200 and can't get rid of old clients.

Thank you.