What's new

Asus AC1900 V? differences in hardware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lola

Regular Contributor
Has anyone noticed/found any differences in the hardware they received on the above Router (a Best Buy exclusive) relative to the version they received, I know there is at least 3 versions I have heard of guys buying here.

Please don't get the impression I know something about changed hardware, I don't! I'm just wondering why the 3 versions on this router. What changed for Asus to issue 3 different version numbers?

I'm not sure why there are so many questions surrounding this lately. The RT-AC1900P was just released, so it's obvious there was never three different versions of this specific model. I suspect the revision refers rather to the whole family, which originally started with the RT-AC68U HW rev A1 and A2.

Add the rev B1 with a BCM4709, and rev C1 with a BCM4709C0, that could explain why we're now up to a third revision of what is the whole RT-AC68U family.

In the end, it doesn't matter at all. The router model is all users need to be aware of, as it will determine what hardware you will get.

I'm not sure why there are so many questions surrounding this lately. The RT-AC1900P was just released, so it's obvious there was never three different versions of this specific model. I suspect the revision refers rather to the whole family, which originally started with the RT-AC68U HW rev A1 and A2.

Add the rev B1 with a BCM4709, and rev C1 with a BCM4709C0, that could explain why we're now up to a third revision of what is the whole RT-AC68U family.

In the end, it doesn't matter at all. The router model is all users need to be aware of, as it will determine what hardware you will get.
imageuploadedbytapatalk1467465858-983485-jpg.6700

This says H/W Ver V3. That is why I asked the question.

Believe Merlin answered that already. Let me rephrase. V3 denotes 3rd generation AC68 family. AC1900 is model no. Maybe engineers call it V3, marketing calls AC1900... I wish I could see the factory blue print of AC1900 to be sure.

68u C1 have 1.4GHz CPU ?

so the cpu in C1 is classic 4709 with FA like 68P, 3200 and 87u ?

so the cpu in C1 is classic 4709 with FA like 68P, 3200 and 87u ?
No, please re-read post #2.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Let me rephrase. V3 denotes 3rd generation AC68 family.

I'm not so sure that is an accurate statement.

This is a picture of an AC1900P that is labeled as H/W V1.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1468464804.264003.jpg

The AC1900P I bought on June 12 (depicted in Lola's post) is labeled as H/W V3.

This suggests to us that this numeration is not relative to the AC68 series, but is to denote some difference in the hardware makeup of these new items appearing on the shelves of Best Buy.

There's next to no information available on the net right now for this exclusive model. The official product page on the ASUS website is practically identical to all the other AC68/1900 products they offer (save the change in the form of a dual-core 1.4GHz processor). So we eagerly await a technical review on its performance capabilities and how it compares to the other AC1900 class routers that have come before it.

I really would like an answer to this so I sent an e-mail to the FCC describing conditions and requesting a clean up letter so it is understandable what is/has taken place.

When/if I receive an answer I'll post it so everyone can bring themselves up to date.

I really would like an answer to this so I sent an e-mail to the FCC describing conditions and requesting a clean up letter so it is understandable what is/has taken place.

When/if I receive an answer I'll post it so everyone can bring themselves up to date.

What does the FCC have to do with this? As long as the manufacturer is in good standing with all their products, they can market them any way they please. ;)

Why do you keep copying and pasting the same reply?

You need to ask Asus for clarification, not the FCC.

I guess it's just the way I do things. Sorry if it upsets you are anyone else.
I wrote them because no one really seems to know what differences are in the different versions or if the "V3" actually means 3 different versions.

Any series build equipment changes over time with the production batches.
With electronics it usually relates to availabilty or pricing of components.
Do you ask the same when buying a car, a fridge, a microwave, a telephone or a clock?
Even without specifying a different version number the hardware may change without notice.
With the various RT-AC68 and RT-AC1900 models the performance differences are to my opinion marginal.

Any series build equipment changes over time with the production batches.
With electronics it usually relates to availabilty or pricing of components.
Do you ask the same when buying a car, a fridge, a microwave, a telephone or a clock?
Even without specifying a different version number the hardware may change without notice.
With the various RT-AC68 and RT-AC1900 models the performance differences are to my opinion marginal.

Decoding serial number reveals things most of time. In old days changes were done changing hardware. Now most changes are done via software. Even little silk screen change on PCB will carry different numbers. Version no. is not an indication of performance difference. Maybe difference in reliability, reduced internal noise, stream lined production tool change, stuff like that.

With the RT-AC68 and RT-AC1900 the differences are still "nothing" compared to the recently mentioned Linksys WRT54G series hardware versions (remarkable cpu, memory and even OS differences) and the Linksys E4200 (different OS for v1 and v2).
It makes me think of the VW Beetle, one name, a similar look and numerous less- and more important differences and enhancements over many years.

I guess it's just the way I do things. Sorry if it upsets you are anyone else.
I wrote them because no one really seems to know what differences are in the different versions or if the "V3" actually means 3 different versions.

I'm not upset. But you seem to be ignoring the fact that the FCC isn't in charge of marketing for Asus.

Asus is. ;)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!