What's new

Asus ac3200 Remove Clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jkbmjp

Regular Contributor
On an Asus ac3200 router running 378.9459, how do you remove or delete clients? If you go into Network Map, it will display all the clients connected to the router but there is no option to manually delete a client.

How do you delete or remove a client from the network map?

On a Linksys router, you have the ability to delete a client regardless of the connection type in the network map without resetting the router or rebooting it. Unless I am missing something, I don't see that option on a Asus router.

How do you delete or remove a client from the network map?

you can delete them as such but you can block them

click on the client icon then click on the client you wan to block

select
MAC and IP address Binding - on

Block Internet Access- on

but if you want to stop them connecting to the wifi

use ether the wireless mac filter or change the ssid to something else with a different password

Same problem here.

I don't wan to block any client at all, I just want the router to forget a client like it never connected before.

In fact the router remembers all past clients (MAC, name, hostname etc)... probably in a database (just guessing)... so, how to purge a client form the router?

Well, I have moved on to a Synology router which is better than Asus 3200. That is my opinion. I don't use Asus routers anymore.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!