What's new

Asus AC68U, devices only connect at 144Mbps on 2.4ghz band.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is a current problem with many Asus routers where they can't even route Gigabite because all of their features are done in software and not hardware and asus wont admit this

I get it. You and @ColinTaylor are screwing with me.

I love you both and twice on weekends. :)

They aren't screwing with you. The 192.160.100.0/24 IP range is owned by Wayne State College. The other IP you picked at random; 150.1.10.1 is owned by the Japan Network Information Centre.

Strictly speaking the only valid private IP addresses are 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255 or 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255 or 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255. Every other IPv4 address is either available for or in public use, or is reserved for some other use. As both ColinTaylor and L&LD you really shouldn't be using 192.160.100.0/24, doing so will break things. In this case, you can't access any resources hosted on Wayne State College's network.

Oh it will work OK, provided you never need to access some server at Wayne State College. It's just that in networking terms it's "not correct" because it violates the agreed network standards.
Not necessarily. I just helped someone in another product forum that did the same thing. That's products client could not connect to it's server because it was set to check private networks only.
or....
blocking/virus protection software may not work correctly because they treat private networks differently
or...
the router OpenVPN client may not work correctly since it applies filters based on the private network address spaces in building its routing tables.

I'm sure there are others.

You are just creating the possibility for potential problems.....

Last edited:
@KGB7, we're not screwing with you. We're here to help. :)

Have you tried deleting the specific Mac connection in your network settings and creating a new one? You could also reset the wireless settings. I think I had this issue awhile back and deleting, then recreating the network connection fixed it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!