What's new

ASUS AC86U no VPN connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peterc

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my ASUS AC86U Router. I use nordvpn and have configured the client on my Asus router according to the nord vpn instructions. when i activate the client, the router interface shows me that the client is active and which public ip address i should have. However, if I check my ip address on a website, it shows me real ip, that I have from my ISP. What is worth mentioning is that the ASUS router is connected to a Vodafone cable router. The firmware on the ASUS router is the Merlin RT-AC86U_386.10 Can anyone help me and tell me what the problem is with the VPN client not running properly?

Attachments

• Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-29 um 14.28.04.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-29 um 14.28.04.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 50
In the vPN client settings GUI are you redirecting internet traffic through the tunnel ?

Attachments

• Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-29 um 15.21.07.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-29 um 15.21.07.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-29 um 15.21.47.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-29 um 15.21.47.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 48
So have you set any policy rules ?
no, I havent☺️
I've now set it to yes (all) and now it show me the VPN ip address. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the settings are concerned. Just to be sure, the way the setup is now, the entire network is routed to the VPN, right!?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!