What's new

Asus AC86U or Asus RT AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TriggerOFAH

Occasional Visitor
Which one please ? The ROG gt ac5300 is awful .. sent it back so need to know what is better ? I believe ax88u is better than the ac86u?

Better hardware, yes. More resources, yes. OpenVPN speeds are identical. What was the ROG terrible at for you (other than not being RMerlin supported)? What are you defining as 'better'?

Better hardware, yes. More resources, yes. OpenVPN speeds are identical. What was the ROG terrible at for you (other than not being RMerlin supported)? What are you defining as 'better'?
When I say what is better between RT ac86u an RT ax88u basically which one is better .. signal/performance etc .. I basically wanna use selected devices on Vpn because through router it's faster than an app.. Vpn fusion doesn't work well for me connection lost etc ... An the ROG gt ac5300 can't even get 5ghz in a 3bedroom house set upstairs and shield downstairs and even on 2.4ghz it's slow to actually connect basically it's garbage

What you're talking about then is what is better in your environment. You need to test both and decide then.

There isn't a consumer router that is 'best' for everyone in every situation. Just the one that works the best for you. Unfortunately, sometimes this can be a trial-and-error process to land on that almost mythical network device.

What you're talking about then is what is better in your environment. You need to test both and decide then.

There isn't a consumer router that is 'best' for everyone in every situation. Just the one that works the best for you. Unfortunately, sometimes this can be a trial-and-error process to land on that almost mythical network device.
The ax88u I would hope or imagine has better performance and signal wise than the ac86u.. if not I will go back to ac86u and stay with it

Wi-Fi is not a 'done' science experiment yet. Too many variables to take into consideration (or not). The only way to know is to test in your current environment. Nobody can predict what will happen for your network, specifically, sight unseen.