What's new

Asus AC87U and Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ycodryn

Occasional Visitor
I just bought this router and I`m trying to going into restore mode and upload merlin`s firmware but I`m having problems. Every time through upload process I`m getting upload failed at random rates... 10%, 43%. What I`m doing wrong? With N66U I never had this problem.

Make sure you unplug all USB devices. Reboot the router and wait for at least 5 minutes for it to settle.

Use the web gui as suggested.

After flashing, make sure you reset to factory defaults and reboot the router at least two or more times.

Do a manual and minimal configuration of the router to secure it and connect to your ISP. Do not use a saved backup cfg file.

I would also suggest to use new ssid's for each band (and guest wireless) too.

Make sure you unplug all USB devices. Reboot the router and wait for at least 5 minutes for it to settle.

This is great advice for any Router/AP/NAS that supports external attached devices...

Hi. I made it. For flashing I`m always using ethernet. Using only power on + reset like N66U was failing me. What worked was power on+wps (3sec) and then fast hold the reset button until led is flashing and bang is working.