What's new

Asus adblock feature.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any site that expects me to allow a wall of ads to run rampant on my devices (which will crash them, eventually) is not worth visiting at all. Regardless of the expected info within.

I don't ask my customers to take (from me) a handful of referrals to different businesses just to see what services they may (or may not) need from me. I refuse to be treated differently on the internet.

If a site has any value, it should be up to the individual to see and judge that value for themselves. Forcing a stream of commercials at people doesn't make them feel warm and fuzzy towards anything or anyone, nor does the bite of information gained, equal the mental stress endured. There are always 'millions' of other sites to get to that information if I really need it.

Most current-generation ad blockers have an additional layer of technology that goes around technological defenses of ad-block-detection scripts used by publishers.

And that’s where the rub is.

Quotes from Are ad blocker programs illegal for you to use? (whatismyipaddress.com)
Having my host file block ad domains isn’t illegal is my point. so having my router do exactly the same thing that my windows host file would do isn’t illegal. a host file doesn’t analyse a website, it just blocks traffic I don’t want to receive. If I don’t want additional traffic being received, I should have that ability, especially when I PAY for my upload and download speed from my internet supplier. if web developers want money for the content they produce it isn’t the users you should be pursuing but our Internet suppliers. I pay to be here! don’t see why I should have to pay anymore than I should unless it’s a film, game, if it’s text on a website it’s up for grabs, especially if it’s advertising revenue your trying to grab from me. I shouldn’t have to download anything I don’t want to, I really mean anything! I don’t want to see that advert or have it coming down my pipe line. clogging it up, slowing down my already slow enough connection speed and spying on me, the option to prevent unwanted traffic should be there because my Internet supplier decides if I have the internet or not, they decide at what speed. you want money go to the people I’m paying not me.

The internet was originally free! obviously if it’s a book. it should be behide a pay wall

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!