What's new

ASUS AX Routers Setup - Google Home and Ring cannot find Wifi Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kaleem

New Around Here
Hi,

Apologies...first post (just in case I've posted in the wrong section)

I have 2 x RT-AX88U and RT-AX58U all setup as AI Mesh Network.

I am trying to setup both Google Home and Ring Doorbell 2, however as part of the setup process these devices cannot find my Wifi Network. I have both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz enables as part of the AI Mesh network setup.

From what I understand, both devices support only 2.4 Ghz network.

I've tried to turn off the nodes and only have the main router running, but no luck, and also tried moving the devices right next to the router.

When setting up Google Home, I've even tried entering the Wifi Network details manually but still it can't connect.

Has anyone else experienced these type of issues when trying to connect similar devices?

Many Thanks

Kaleem

Give these settings a try on the 2.4GHz band. Also if those don't work you can try to change the channel band to 20/40 if the 40 does not work.

Attachments

• 20200516_072052.jpg
    20200516_072052.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,535
  • 20200516_073515.jpg
    20200516_073515.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,502
Last edited:
Hi,

Apologies...first post (just in case I've posted in the wrong section)

I have 2 x RT-AX88U and RT-AX58U all setup as AI Mesh Network.

I am trying to setup both Google Home and Ring Doorbell 2, however as part of the setup process these devices cannot find my Wifi Network. I have both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz enables as part of the AI Mesh network setup.

From what I understand, both devices support only 2.4 Ghz network.

I've tried to turn off the nodes and only have the main router running, but no luck, and also tried moving the devices right next to the router.

When setting up Google Home, I've even tried entering the Wifi Network details manually but still it can't connect.

Has anyone else experienced these type of issues when trying to connect similar devices?

Many Thanks

Kaleem

You might try deleting the nest and the ring from your google home app and then re-adding them as a new device. It’s worked for me in the past.

Give these settings a try on the 2.4GHz band. Also if those don't work you can try to change the channel band to 20/40 if the 40 does not work.

Thanks Mikeybigs

I used the 2.4GHz band settings in your first pic and they worked a treat in both devices recognising my wireless network.

Much Appreciated !!!

Hi Mikey,

Apologies new to the forum. Can you tell me whereabouts I can find these settings within the app ? I have searched everywhere and can't find them.

Many thanks,