What's new

ASUS AX6600 Reboots Randomly with Apple Devices Connected to It

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaptainVlado

New Around Here
I bought a new ASUS AX6600 (two units). I update the firmware and started using it, then noticed the router was rebooting at random intervals. I reset everything to default settings - no change, the router still rebooted.
I sent it back as a warranty case and got a new set. I set it up (everything standard firmware, newest version) and it started doing exactly the same.
As a next step I disconnected all LAN devices from it, including an Apple TV I had and suddenly the problem disappeared. I started plugging the devices in again and found out the Apple TV was causing the issue. I updated the OS on the Apple TV, reset it to factory defaults but the problem remained. So I disconnected it and hoped everything was fine. Then I took my iPad and connected it to the wifi and suddenly the problem was back again. I figured out it happens also with my wife's iPhone, so it looks to be any Apple device, irrelevant of type, OS, wifi or LAN.
I found another person complaining of a similar issue on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/RHP55DPE6W/?tag=snbforums-20) and some similar issues for other Asus routers in different forums.
Any ideas what the problem might be and what to do next?

Sell the apple devices. :D

While it is true that is what I would do, it was meant to be helpful: a bump to your thread. ;)

@CaptainVlado, post your question in the thread below. This is where people with XT8 are. Someone may be able to help you.