What's new

asus ax88u Wireless reboots with aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jim DeBlaey

New Around Here
Hello I am having a problem with new ax 88u i have hard reset and tried everything but with new firmware my router keeps resetting wifi it works fine with older firmware and it also works fine with an ac 88u was wondering if anyone knows. it only does when i aimesh with 2 ac86u's tried with ax off and all other settings recommended it does it with factory reset settings am i missing something or is router bad?

Attachments

• syslog(1).txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 326
What firmware are you using on it now? What is 'older firmware'? What firmware are the RT-AC86U's using?

AiMesh mode works fine with the RT-AC88U as the node or the main router with the RT-AX88U used as the other? What firmware is the RT-AC88U on?

What does 'tried everything' mean?

What wireless (and other) settings are you changing past defaults?

Are you using a saved backup config file? Are you manually and minimally configuring the router? Or are you 'blindly' putting in settings from your old router/setup (even manually)?

I would flash RMerlin 384.17_0 on it and follow the suggested steps in the link below to get your router to a good/known state.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax88-packet-loss.62891/#post-563326

What firmware are you using on it now? What is 'older firmware'? What firmware are the RT-AC86U's using?

AiMesh mode works fine with the RT-AC88U as the node or the main router with the RT-AX88U used as the other? What firmware is the RT-AC88U on?

What does 'tried everything' mean?

What wireless (and other) settings are you changing past defaults?

Are you using a saved backup config file? Are you manually and minimally configuring the router? Or are you 'blindly' putting in settings from your old router/setup (even manually)?

I would flash RMerlin 384.17_0 on it and follow the suggested steps in the link below to get your router to a good/known state.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax88-packet-loss.62891/#post-563326

384.17 it is only stable on 384.13 done all the resets, hard resets.using default settings and did all the recommended settings for aimesh tried ainodes on ASUS firmware and tried Merlin firmware same thing

I have the same setup as you, AX88U as main, and 2 AC86U as Aimesh nodes. While I'm not having your same issue, the setup is finicky. Ended up having to disable Wifi 6 (ironically the point of the AX...), and just 2 days ago, nothing could sign-on to Wifi on one of the nodes (ring doorbell, smart thermostat) until I did a simple reboot. Sorry, but that's all I got.

Trying to figure out some sort of automated reboot of the whole thing once a week or so.

I have the same setup as you, AX88U as main, and 2 AC86U as Aimesh nodes. While I'm not having your same issue, the setup is finicky. Ended up having to disable Wifi 6 (ironically the point of the AX...), and just 2 days ago, nothing could sign-on to Wifi on one of the nodes (ring doorbell, smart thermostat) until I did a simple reboot. Sorry, but that's all I got.

Trying to figure out some sort of automated reboot of the whole thing once a week or so.
Ok thanks yeah just went back to 384.13 tired of messing with it