What's new

ASUS AXE16000 NODE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Snowy

New Around Here
Hello!
I have two ASUS AXE16000 and one is setup as a node via the 2.5GB WAN port I was just wondering if it’s possible to activate the other LAN ports on the node?
Could someone please confirm.
Thanks!

Hello!
I have two ASUS AXE16000 and one is setup as a node via the 2.5GB WAN port I was just wondering if it’s possible to activate the other LAN ports on the node?
Could someone please confirm.
Thanks!

LAN ports should be active and usable by default on all AiMesh nodes.

OE

Does a reboot fix it? Of both the main router, AiMesh node, and the client device(s) you're trying to connect via Ethernet cable?

Do you turn off the Wireless capabilities of the clients you're testing with (if they have wireless capabilities)?

Have you tested with known/good Ethernet cable (quality Cat5e recommended)?

What other information can you supply about this setup/environment?

Have you verified that the node's LAN ports do work when in router mode?

Ok, they are definitely not active only the 2.5gb wan port.
Do I need to change the backhaul priority because at the moment it is set on auto.

The LAN ports should always work, independant of Internet access. If they don't work, try re-commissioning the box.

OE

Can confirm as others have stated.

I have the same setup as you with one difference: I am using the 2.5gb WAN for internet and then using a 10gb port on my mesh host to a 10gb on my node.

My node has all 4 1gbps ports populated and it gets full speed.

The node is setup to use ethernet backhaul. No priority.